Fulvio Bonavia is an award-winning Italian photographer. Though he has shot ad campaigns for a wide range of international clients, such as Adidas, Heineken, Swatch, Amnesty International, and Alitalia, he is best known for his campaigns for automotive companies including Jaguar, BMW, Saab, Alfa Romeo, Daimler-Chrysler, and Audi.
Prior to establishing himself as a photographer, Bonavia worked as a graphic designer and movie-poster illustrator. In 2008, Hachette Australia published A Matter of Taste, a book featuring Bonavia’s conceptual photos of food as fashion—corn espadrilles, aubergine slippers, and a tagliatelle belt, for example. A French edition of A Matter of Taste was published in 2009, and a selection of images from the book was exhibited at the La Grande Epicerie in Paris.
Bonavia is represented by Stockland Martel.
- winners' gallery Prix de la Photographie, Paris
- Mobius Awards press release
- author page at Hachette Australia
- International Photography Awards, 2006
- International Color Awards’ 2nd Annual Photography Masters Cup, 2008
- official site
- online portfolio at Stockland Martel
- “Heineken DraughtKegs: CDs,” Ads of the World, 2008
- “Bon Marche: The Taste of Luxury at the Grande Epicerie,” Hoosta Magazine, May 11, 2009
- “Fulvio Bonavia: Food & Fashion,” Capturing the 7, June 26, 2009
- “Gazzetta Dello Sport Rallymania DVD Collection: Sandwich, Lipstick, Pearls,” I Believe in Advertising, January 29, 2009
- review of A Matter of Taste, Garden-NZ