Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado
|Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado|
|Chairperson||Mrs. Celita Procopio de Carvalho|
|President||Dr. Antonio Bias Bueno Guillon|
|Location||São Paulo, SP, Ribeirão Preto and São José dos Campos, São Paulo (state), Brazil|
|Colors||Blue and white|
|Mascot||Gigi (the Giraffe)|
It is now one of the most important and respected academic institutions in Brazil, with 12 thousand students and 1200 professors. The Campus is located in Higienópolis, one of the most traditional districts of São Paulo, and houses 7 Faculties: Business Administration, Fine Arts, Communication, Engineering, Economics, Law and Technology, post-graduation courses and MBA.
The foundation is an important cultural centre in São Paulo, housing one of the most eminent theaters in town (Teatro FAAP) and the Museu de Arte Brasileira (Museum of Brazilian Art). FAAP has received important exhibits, most notably the exhibit "China: A Arte Imperial, A Arte do Cotidiano, A Arte Contemporânea", the "Treasures of the Czars" display (including some of the famous Fabergé eggs), and in 2011 an exhibit on Grace Kelly, "Os Anos Grace Kelly" (Grace Kelly Era), inaugurated by Prince Albert of Monaco.
Every semester the institution provides lectures from notable artists, politicians and economists. Notable guest speakers include George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown, Queen Silvia of Sweden, Rubens Ricupero (also Director Faculty of Economics), Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Peter Mandelson, among others.
Schools and faculties
- School of Arts: courses in Fashion, Design, Architecture, Cultural Production and Fine Arts
- School of Business: Business Administration
- School of Communications: 2D/3D Animation, Advertising, Film Studies, Public Relations Radio & TV and Journalism
- School of Computing and Information Technology: Information Systems, Computer Science
- School of Economics: Economics and International Relations
- School of Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering
- School of Law: Law
- High School