|Compilation album by Axiom Funk|
|Released||July 18, 1995|
|Genre||Funk, dance, rock, electronica, soul|
|Label||Axiom, Island Records|
|P-Funk collective chronology|
|Bill Laswell chronology|
Funkcronomicon is a 1995 various artists collection of tracks produced by Bill Laswell under the name Axiom Funk, after Laswell's associated record label. It is a 2-CD set that was released by Island Records. Funkcronomicon features heavy participation from various members of Parliament-Funkadelic, to the degree that Funkcronomicon is widely considered to be a full-fledged P-Funk album. The album features what may be Pedro Bell's last authentic artistic renderings, as well as P-Funk guitarist Eddie Hazel's last recordings before his death in 1992. The album comprises newly recorded tracks, as well as tracks that have been featured on other Bill Laswell productions. Produced and compiled at Greenpoint Studio in the Greenpoint neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, Funkcronomicon contains songs that were recorded as early as Maceo Parker's For All the Kings Men (1989) period. The album title is a play on Necronomicon, a fictional book.
- Order Within The Universe (written by Bernie Worrell, Bill Laswell) 3:17
- Under The Influence (Jes Grew) (written by George Clinton, B Laswell, B Collins, Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare) 5:45
- If 6 Was 9 (written by Jimi Hendrix) 6:00
- Orbitron Attack (written by Grace Cook [a pseudonym for Eddie Hazel]) 12:29
- Cosmic Slop (written by G Clinton, B Worrell) 5:15
- Free-Bass (Godzillatron Cush) (written by B Laswell, B Collins, Dennis Weeden) 5:43
- Tell The World (written by B Collins, Maceo Parker, Sylvester Stewart) 3:53
- Pray My Soul (written by G Cook) 5:08
- Hideous Mutant Freekz (written by G Clinton, B Collins, B Worrell, B Laswell) 7:25
- Sax Machine (written by B Collins, M Parker, Bobby Byrd) 7:47
- Animal Behavior (written by B Laswell, B Collins, Buckethead) 7:09
- Trumpets And Violins, Violins (written by J Hendrix) 3:38
- Telling Time (written by Nicky Skopelitis) 4:57
- Jungle Free-Bass (written by B Laswell, B Collins) 5:38
- Blackout (written by DeWayne "Blackbyrd" McKnight) 3:44
- Sacred To The Pain (written by G Cook, Umar Bin Hassan) 4:54
Producer: Bill Laswell
"Order Within The Universe"
"Under The Influence"'
"If 6 Was 9"
"Tell The World"
"Pray My Soul"
"Hideous Mutant Freekz"
"Trumpets and Violins, Violins"
"Sacred To The Pain"
- Hanson, Amy. Review: Funkcronomicon. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Hartley, Darren. "Review: Funkcronomicon". Billboard: 23. July 22, 1995.
- Christgau, Robert. "Review: Funkcronomicon". The Village Voice: January 28, 1997. Archived from the original on 2009-08-12.
- Lien, James. "Review: Funkcronomicon". CMJ: 28. October 1995.
- Ehrlich, Dimitri. Review: Funkcronomicon. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Gill, Andy. Review: Funkcronomicon. The Independent. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Fernando Jr., S.H. Review: Funkcronomicon. Rolling Stone. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Robbins, Ira. Review: Funkcronomicon. Trouser Press. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Moon, Tom. "Review: Funkcronomicon". Vibe: 138. August 1995.
- Funkcronomicon (2xCD, Comp). Discogs. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- Album data on on the Motherpage