This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
FurReal Friends (later FurReal in 2017) is a toy brand division of Hasbro, Tiger Electronics and Dreamright Toys created in 2002 of robotic pets. It is unknown when it was made by Sega Toys in Japan. The robotic toys range from guinea pigs to dinosaurs. They come in many sizes — some are able to be held in a child's hand and others are able to be ridden by a child. The prices range from $6 to $300. All of the toys move in some way. Two slogans each were "They love you for real, FurReal Friends." and (for 2013) "My best friends are FurReal Friends." 
FurReal is noted for its animatronic replications of creatures and domestic animals as an alternative to live pets, or emulating the behaviors of pets commonly desired by children including horses, cats, and dogs. Certain robotics may be designed to represent creatures unfit for domestication. Bouncy, a robotic puppy, can jump and turn in a circle when a child waves their hand across her head. With Zambi, a robotic elephant manufactured and intended for charitable sales, a portion of its proceeds benefit charities.
Another notable toy manufactured by FurReal was the Butterscotch Pony, a large, animatronic, whinnying pony, among the toy line's products designed for children to sit on.  The pony was designed with an assortment of sound effects mimicking those of live horses and opened a gateway to the production of a second animatronic pony named S'mores of slightly higher quality with more sound effects.
Squawkers Macaw was produced: an interactive, vocal animatronic macaw capable of saying phrases.
FurReal Friends has manufactured models of varying functions and quality. The animatronics may come in different species or sizes. Models of newborn animals are frequently manufactured by the company. 
- Green, Frank (19 December 2002). "No-toy story: Must-have goodies mostly not there".
- "FurReal friends". NEW BOY. 2014.
- "My Best Friends are FurReal Friends". Hasbro. 2018.
- "Project Zambi". Giving Hope to Kids in Need in Africa. n.d. Archived from the original on 2011-02-01.
- "FurReal Zambi Elephant". ElectronicPets. 2009. Archived from the original on 2010-01-04.
- "Butterscotch Pony". n.d.[dead link]
- "FurReal Cat popular for the 2002 holiday season"
- FurReal Friends Zambi Website - Information about the FurReal Elephant and Project Zambi
- Butterscotch Pony[dead link]
- Project Zambi
|This robotics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This toy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|