Number of locations
|320 stores (2013)|
|Giovanna Furlanetto (CEO)|
Furla is an Italian luxury company that was created by the Furlanetto family in 1927. The company is currently a limited liability company, still owned by the Furlanetto family. Furla features Italian-designed products that range from handbags and shoes to accessories. Its headquarters are located in Bologna, in a historic 18th century villa; Furla has 5 subsidiaries in USA, France, Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea.
Since the early 1980s, Furla began expanding the Italian accessory market to launch a franchising network. Furla currently exports to 71 countries. Its products are present in over 1000 retail sales outlets and 320 single brand boutiques, 156 of which are owned by the company and 164 are franchised.
- "Furla takes on China". InsideRetail.Asia, 2013. Accessed April 2013
- "Fashion and contemporary art: an interesting liaison". Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, 2008, Lexology. Accessed April 2013
- " Furla up +18% as TR sales rocket, China beckons". Kevin Rozario, 2013. The Travel Retail Business, accessed April 2013
- "Italian firm Furla teams up Li&Fung's parent in distribution JV". 2013.Reuters, accessed April 2013
- "Single-brand retail: Furla seeks DIPP nod, H&M may be next". Timsy Jaipuria, 2013. The Indian Express, accessed April 2013