From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Furman may refer to the following:
- Furman University
- Furman, Alabama, an unincorporated community in Wilcox County, United States
- Furman, South Carolina, a town in Hampton County, United States
- Furman, Alberta, a locality in Canada
- Furman, Poland
- Ashrita Furman, American holder of more than 160 Guinness world records
- Dean Furman, South African footballer
- Dmitri Furman (1943-2011), Russian political scientist
- Gabriel Furman (state senator) (1800–1854), New york politician and historian
- Furman Bisher, American sports writer
- Lucy Furman (1870-1958), American writer from Kentucky
- Semyon Furman (1920–1978), Soviet chess Grandmaster
- Simon Furman, British comic book writer
- William Henry Furman, the defendant in the 1972 case of Furman vs. Georgia
- Furman, unit of angular measure equal to 1⁄65536 (2−16) of a circle and named for Alan T. Furman
- Furman v. Georgia, United States Supreme Court decision that temporarily abolished capital punishment in the U.S.
- Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy, a joint center at New York University School of Law and the NYU Wagner School of Public Service
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Furman.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.