|Comune di Furore|
The fiordo of Furore.
|Province / Metropolitan city||Salerno (SA)|
|• Mayor||Raffaele Ferraioli|
|• Total||1.73 km2 (0.67 sq mi)|
|Elevation||250 m (820 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2010)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Paschal Baylon|
|Saint day||13 August|
The municipality of Furore expands from the sea level, where there is the hamlet of the Fiordo di Furore, and a little civil parish partly belonging to Praiano named Marina di Praia, up to Agerola (550 meters above sea level). The village is subdivided into 3 districts (contrade): Cicala (Sant'Elia), Ciuccio (Santo Jaco) and Gatta (Sant'Agnelo).
- the so-called fiordo di Furore, in fact a ria created by the Schiato torrent which flows here from Agerola.
- Church of Sant'Elia
- Saint Giacomo Church, with a collection of religious iconography of female Saints.
- Saint Michele Church, with an overlapping of Gothic elements, such as the sharp arch, with Romanesque figurative decorations.
- The open-air museum of Murals, along the road, painted on the walls of the houses of Furore.
- "Furore Churches: St Elia, St Giacomo, St Michele". amalfi-coast.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
Media related to Furore at Wikimedia Commons