Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty
|Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty|
Cover to the book.
|Main characters||Nick Fury and Black Widow|
|Series||Marvel Graphic Novel|
|Page count||64 pages|
|Date of publication||1995|
Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty is a graphic novel published by Marvel Comics in 1995.
Black Widow returns to Russia to see if her homeland had really changed since she left. When a diplomat is found murdered on the grounds of the United States Embassy, Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. are drawn into an international crisis that pits secret agents against the Russian mafia. Into this conflict enters The Black Widow, now as a full-time Avenger as well as Russia's most famous expatriate, and Night Raven. His bloody one-man war against crime is just a pastime; his real obsession is to kill one person, Yi Yang, the woman who made him immortal.
Win Wiacek of Now Read This stated "Superbly illustrated by Charlie Adlard this is nonetheless an uncomfortable blending of genres, with a strange pace to it: almost as if there’s been some savage trimming and pruning with no thought to narrative cohesion." The book was ranked sixth on Diamonds highest selling paperbacks in February 1995.
- Freeman, Josh (August 20, 2015). "Marvel Curiosities: Night Raven's first major US appearance, alongside Nick Fury and Black Widow". Review. DownTheTubes.net.https://archive.is/nxHmx
- http://thedorkreview.blogspot.se/2015/10/night-raven-history.html https://archive.is/3ySSD
- "Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty". comicsreview.co.uk. NOW READ THIS!. June 21, 2008.
- "February 1995 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops". comichron.com. The Comics Chronicles. Retrieved 2017-07-22.https://archive.is/psL7c
- Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty at the Comic Book DB