Fuse (chocolate bar)
|Introduced||1996 United Kingdom |
(Promotional relaunch of 100 bars)
|Discontinued||2006 United Kingdom|
|Related brands||List of Cadbury products|
|Tagline||Don't blow a fuse eat one.|
Only eat while wearing rubber soled shoes.
Fuse is a brand of chocolate bar manufactured by Cadbury in India, originally produced in the United Kingdom. The original product was 70% a solid bar of milk chocolate, and 30% nuts, peanuts raisins, crisp cereal and fudge pieces suspended within it.
The bar tested very well in research, with 82% rating it as excellent or very good and 83% proposing to purchase it regularly.
The unusually large marketing campaign was the subject of a documentary by TV Choice Ltd - The Marketing Mix at Cadbury's (1998).
In October 2015, Cadbury launched a Twitter campaign, #CadburyCraveyard, where fans could tweet the hashtag or comment on a qualifying Facebook post for which chocolate bar, out of Fuse or Marble, they wanted to resurrect for Halloween. The bar that proved to be most popular was Fuse, and it was then recreated using the same recipe and ingredients and distributed to 100 randomly selected winners. By July 2016 Cadbury had begun secret product testing and taste trials with select consumers across the UK to perfect the recipe prior to its public relaunch. 
Mondelez Ltd., the manufacturer of Cadbury products, launched Fuse in India in September 2016.
"I think now we have an opportunity here to create a premium product to what we had in 5 Star. I think Cadbury Fuse will do that for us and create a whole new segment," said Manu Anand, president, chocolate, Asia-Pacific, Mondelez International. It launched in an e-commerce portal, two weeks before it hit the shelves The Indian bar differs slightly from the original.
- Cadbury.co.uk case study - product development, undated, accessed 9 July 2007
- Cadbury.co.uk case study - launch strategy, undated, accessed 9 July 2007
- www.tvchoice.uk.com, undated, accessed 9 July 2007
- "Chocolate Bars: Names of Chocolate Bars, Launch Dates, Interesting Facts". Archived from the original on 2008-09-21. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Bring Back The Cadbury Fuse Bar Facebook Group".
- "Chocablog: Bring back Cadbury Fuse!".
- "Cadbury is bringing back Fuse or Marble for Halloween".
- "Mondelez India unveils its new power packed premium countline brand 'Cadbury Fuse'".
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|