This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fuseproject is an award-winning and internationally recognized industrial design and branding firm. Founded in 1999 by the designer and entrepreneur, Yves Béhar. The company works across a wide array of industries including beauty and fashion, furniture and technology and is based in San Francisco and New York City.
Fuseproject’s clients and former clients include Birkenstock, Johnson & Johnson, MINI and BMW AG, Target, Disney, DirecTV, Palm, Herman Miller, Method, Nike, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Alcatel, Adidas, Microsoft, PeoplePC, Swarovski, Samsonite, and Paco Rabanne.
In July 2012, Fuseproject began raising funds on Kickstarter for an open source game console called OUYA, that uses the Android 4.1 operating system, to encourage smaller developers to design games for the platform.
In 2017, Fuseproject made international news with their design project with Juicero, for the Juicero juicer. The juicer was known for limited functionality and high price, designed with known limitations for the user - putting Fuseproject's design reputation on the line.
Awards and recognition
The studio’s work has been internationally recognized by museums, including solo exhibitions at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts in Lausanne, Switzerland, as well as group shows in the Cooper–Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, the Chicago Athenaeum Museum and the Munich Museum of Applied Arts.
Fuseproject has received more than 50 awards, from Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)/BusinessWeek Industrial Design Excellence Awards (2006), Red Dot design awards, I.D. magazine awards and If Industrie Hannover. Fuseproject was listed 2nd best design firm by Business Week in 2004. Founder and principal designer Yves Béhar was the recipient of the National Design Award for industrial design, awarded by the Cooper–Hewitt, National Design Museum.
- Bradshaw, Tim; Cookson, Robert (2014-07-23). "BlueFocus to enter US market with stake in Fuseproject". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "China's BlueFocus Buys Majority Stake in U.S. Design Firm Fuseproject". Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Chinese agencies are expanding to the US - Digiday". Digiday. 2017-11-20. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Silicon Valley's $400 Juicer May Be Feeling the Squeeze". Bloomberg.com. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "Yves Behar's Juicero juicer has its reputation shredded by social media". Dezeen. 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Ankeny, Jason (August 2014). "The Man With The Midas Touch". entrepreneur.com. Entrepreneur Magazine. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- fuseproject IDEA awards