Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up fusiform or fusiformis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fusiform means having a spindle-like shape that is wide in the middle and tapers at both ends. It may refer to:
- Fusiform, a body shape common to many aquatic animals, characterized by being tapered at both the head and the tail
- Fusiform, a classification of aneurysm
- Fusiform bacteria (spindled rods, that is, fusiform bacilli), such as the fusobacteria
- Fusiform cell (biology)
- Fusiform face area, a part of the human visual system which seems to specialize in facial recognition
- Fusiform gyrus, part of the temporal lobe of the brain
- Fusiform muscle, where the fibres run parallel along the length of the muscle
- Fusiform neuron, a spindle-shaped neuron
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fusiform.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.