|Look up fusiform in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fusiform means having a spindle-like shape that is wide in the middle and tapers at both ends. It may refer to:
- Fusiform, a body shape common to many aquatic animals, characterized by being tapered at both the head and the tail
- Fusiform, a classification of aneurysm
- Fusiform bacteria (spindled rods, that is, fusiform bacilli), such as the fusobacteria
- Fusiform cell, in botany
- Fusiform face area, a part of the human visual system which seems to specialize in facial recognition
- Fusiform gyrus, part of the temporal lobe of the brain
- Fusiform muscle, where the fibres run parallel along the length of the muscle
- Fusiform neuron, a spindle-shaped neuron
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fusiform.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.