|Comune di Fusignano|
|Frazioni||San Savino, Maiano Monti, Maiano Nuovo, Scambio, Rossetta|
|• Mayor||Nicola Pasi|
|• Total||24.55 km2 (9.48 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
(31 August 2017)
|• Density||330/km2 (860/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Blessed Virgin|
The city was created in 1250 by count Bernardino of Cunio after a flood which had destroyed his castle at Donigallia. After several passages of property in the hands of local noble families, the castle of Fusignano was transferred to the Este family in 1445.
When the Duchy of Ferrara was annexed to the Papal States (1598), the fief was elevated to a marquisate, which in 1622, after a long struggle with the Corelli family, was acquired by the Calcagnini. In the 18th century the city recovered from a dark period, and in 1796 became part of the French dominions. In 1815 it returned to the Roman Church. With the unification of Italy (1860), Fusignano was separated from Ferrara and included in the province of Ravenna.
The church of San Giovanni Battista houses a 16th-century pale portraying the Baptism of Christ. In the church of San Savino the ancient sepulchre of the namesake saint, one of the first evangelizers of Romagna, can be seen: however, the remains it contained were transferred by Astorre II Manfredi to a chapel in the Cathedral of Faenza.
- Arcangelo Corelli (1653 in Fusignano – 1713) Italian violin player  and Baroque music composer
- Lea Melandri (born 1941 in Fusignano) feminist  and writer
- Arrigo Sacchi (born 1946 in Fusignano) Italian football manager,
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- ISTAT Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Encyclopædia Britannica. 07 (11th ed.). 1911. .
- Enciclopedia delle donna website (in Italian) Lea Melandri, Fusignano 1941 - vivente retrieved 19 February 2018
- The Guardian, 22 November 2011, Arrigo Sacchi, the magician of Milan.... retrieved 19 February 2018