|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2015)|
|Stable release||6.0.3 / October 6, 2015|
|Operating system||Linux, Unix, Windows, OS X, etc...|
|Available in||Multilingual (26 languages including french, english, german, spanish, italian, etc ) |
|Type||Collaborative Development Environment|
FusionForge is a free software application descendant of the forge (web-based project-management and collaboration software) originally created for running the SourceForge.net platform. FusionForge is licensed under the GNU General Public License, and is a fork/renaming of the code which was previously named GForge.
FusionForge provides project hosting, version control (GNU arch, Bazaar, CVS, Darcs, Git, Mercurial and Subversion), bug-tracking, and messaging features which can be deployed to run a self-hosted forge.
In February 2009 some of the developers of GForge continued development of the old open source code under the new name of FusionForge after GForge Group focused on GForge Advanced Server. The previous history of the codebase is documented on the GForge page.
Notable public Installations
- Alcatel-Lucent Open Innovation Community
- Alioth - for Debian-related software and documentation.
- projects.blender.org for Blender-related software
- Adullact - for free software related to local governments in France.
- Mulcyber - for INRA-related projects.
- INRIAGForge - for INRIA-related projects.
- Linux To Go - for development targeting embedded platforms
- SourceSup - for French universities and research labs
- Ocaml-Forge - the official forge for the projects of the OCaml community
- pgFoundry - for PostgreSQL-related projects
- HPCForge - for HPC related software published by Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS
- Kansas State University Forge - for Computing and Information Sciences Department at K-State
- R-Forge - for all projects related to the R language & community
- CENATIC - official forge for the projects of the Centro Nacional de Referencia de Aplicación de las Tecnologías de la Información y la Comunicación
- Forxa de Mancomun.org - development platform of the agency for technological modernization of autonomous region Galicia in Spain
- Computer-aided software engineering (CASE)
- Computer-supported collaboration
- GNU Savannah
- List of Rapid Application Development tools
- Toolkits for User Innovation