This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Futian CBD as viewed from Lianhuashan
Location within Shenzhen City
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||78.8 km2 (30.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (45,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Futian District (simplified Chinese: 福田区; traditional Chinese: 福田區; pinyin: Fútián Qū; Jyutping: fuk1tin4 keoi1) is one of six districts comprising the city of Shenzhen, People's Republic of China. The district is home to the government and Municipal Committee of Shenzhen, as well as the central business district of the city.
There are two arguments concerning the origin of the district's name:
- The first argument contends that the name derives from an inscription dating back to the Song Dynasty (960-1297) which reads: "Lakes and mountains are blessed with fertile farmlands" (湖山拥福,田地生辉).
- The other argument is that written record shows that people from Shangsha Village built houses in Songziling in 1192, and farmlands were cultivated in lattice shapes, which in Chinese is a homophone for "Futian," meaning "blessed fields".
Luohu District was established in April 1979, one month after Shenzhen was promoted to city status. Futian, and another area called Fucheng (附城), became communes within the Luohu District.
Futian became part of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone after it was designated in 1980. It then became a subdistrict under the district of Shangbu (上步).
Futian, along with Nanshan, was promoted to district status in October 1990. The Shangbu district, which had governed the Futian subdistrict the previous decade, became a part of the Futian district. The district government was established on Shennan Middle Road.
Rapid urbanization occurred in the late 20th century; the agricultural land which once made up a vast majority of Luohu shrank to an area of only 12.26 km2 (4.73 sq mi) in 2003.
The Central Business District of Shenzhen is a planned development project that began in the early 1990s. Located within the Futian district, it comprises an area of 607 hectares. The four sides of the district are delineated by Binhe Dadao, Lianhua Road, Xinzhou Road and Caitian Road.
Many office high-rises and government buildings are located in the CBD, some of which are prominent buildings in Shenzhen, such as the Shenzhen City Hall (Civic Centre), Shenzhen Library and Concert Hall, Shenzhen Development Bank building and the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center. Located directly north of the CBD is Lianhuashan Park.
The Ping An Finance Centre, a 600 m (1969 ft) skyscraper scheduled to be fully completed in 2016, is also located in the CBD. Upon completion, the tower will become the second tallest in China and the fourth tallest in the world.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Shatou Subdistrict||沙头街道||Shātóu Jiēdào||sa1 teo4 gai1 dou6||226,061||18.90|
|Nanyuan Subdistrict||南园街道||Nányuán Jiēdào||nam4 yun4 gai1 dou6||108,398||3.00|
|Yuanling Subdistrict||园岭街道||Yuánlǐng Jiēdào||yun4 léng5 gai1 dou6||88,261||3.67|
|Huafu Subdistrict||华富街道||Huáfù Jiēdào||wa4 fu3 gai1 dou6||70,834||5.75|
|Futian Subdistrict||福田街道||Fútián Jiēdào||fug1 tin4 gai1 dou6||234,861||12.25|
|Xiangmihu Subdistrict||香蜜湖街道||Xiāngmìhú Jiēdào||hêng1 med6 wu4 gai1 dou6||89,471||9.98|
|Lianhua Subdistrict||莲花街道||Liánhuā Jiēdào||lin4 fa1 gai1 dou6||168,392||9.60|
|Meilin Subdistrict||梅林街道||Méilín Jiēdào||mui4 lem4 gai1 dou6||168,506||34.30|
|Huaqiangbei Subdistrict||华强北街道||Huáqiángběi Jiēdào||wa4 kêng4 beg1 gai1 dou6||54,067||2.90|
|Fubao Subdistrict||福保街道||Fúbǎo Jiēdào||fug1 bou2 gai1 dou6||106,811||3.75|
Futian is currently served by four metro lines operated by Shenzhen Metro:
- Line 1 - Science Museum, Huaqiang Road, Gangxia, Convention and Exhibition Center , Shopping Park , Xiangmihu, Chegongmiao , Zhuzilin, Qiaocheng East
- Line 2 - Shenkang, Antuo Hill, Qiaoxiang, Xiangmi, Xiangmei North, Jingtian, Lianhua West, Futian , Civic Center , Gangxia North, Huaqiang North, Yannan
- Line 3 - Yitian, Shixia, Shopping Park , Futian , Children's Palace , Lianhuacun, Huaxin, Tongxinling, Hongling,
- Line 4 - Futian Checkpoint ( via Lok Ma Chau), Fumin, Convention and Exhibition Center , Civic Center, Children's Palace , Lianhua North, Shangmeilin
- Line 11 - Chegongmiao , Futian
Central Walk Shopping Mall (中心城)
The mall is located right at the Convention and Exhibition Center Metro station and features three levels of shopping, entertainment and dining. The levels are L1: cosmetics, shoes, handbags, boutique accessories, ladies clothing, gentleman suits, business casual, fine jewelry and watches, fashion accessories, business supplies.
Coco Park (购物公园)
Coco Park is an upscale retail complex in Futian Central Business District. Aside from a shopping mall, it also features a popular bar street, large open public spaces and restaurants.
As one of the top shopping destinations in Shenzhen, Huaqiangbei Commercial Street is renowned for its electronics markets,the largest of its kind in China. It offers a variety of men's and women's fashion.
Fu ming Foreign Trade Clothes Market at Huaqiangbei
Located directly behind Women's World on Huaqiangbei Road is the Fu Ming Foreign Trade Clothes Market. The market wholesales women's and men's clothes, shoes, bags and leather goods.
There are now 83 schools delivering primary and secondary education holding 111,982 students and 11,503 teaching staff. Futian is also home to 140 kindergartens.
- Shenzhen Senior High School
- shenzhen experimental middle school
- Futian Middle School
- Shenzhen Foreign Languages School
- Hongling Middle School
- Xinsha Middle School
- Huangggang Middle School
Immigration Port of Entry
One of the immigration control points that lies within Futian is known as the Futian Port. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Spur Line Control Point, connected through a pedestrian bridge. The port is served by Futian Checkpoint Station on the Shenzhen Metro, itself being located within the port building.
Another immigration checkpoint is located 150m east of Futian Port.This is the only one of the 6 immigration checkpoints between Shenzhen and Hong Kong that is open 24 hours. The crossing is highway only and used mostly by trucks and busses, with the Mainland and Hong Kong crossings being on opposite sides of a bridge over the Shenzhen River. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Control Point. It also marks the terminus of the G4 Beijing–Hong Kong–Macau Expressway.
Skyline of Shenzhen (Futian section)
Futian section of Shennan Road
Futian Central Business District viewed from Binhe Boulevard
- Futian Government Online (simplified Chinese)
- "联系方式." Vienna Hotels. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "总 部 总部地址：深圳市福田区福强路绿景花园首层"
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Shenzhen Home" (Archive). Quality Schools International. August 2, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016.
- "School Contact Info" (Archive). QSI International School of Shenzhen. August 16, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016. "8063 Hongli West Road Futian District, Shenzhen Guangdong, P.R. China"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Futian District.|