This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||78.8 km2 (30.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (45,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Fútián Qū|
|Literal meaning||"Blessed fields"|
Futian District (simplified Chinese: 福田区; traditional Chinese: 福田區; pinyin: Fútián Qū; Jyutping: fuk1tin4 keoi1) is one of the nine districts comprising the city of Shenzhen, People's Republic of China. The district is home to the government and Municipal Committee of Shenzhen, as well as the city's central business district (CBD).
There are two theories concerning the origin of the district's name:
- From an inscription dating to the Song Dynasty (960–1297) which reads: "Lakes and mountains are blessed with fertile farmlands" (湖山擁福, 田地生輝).
- Written records showing that people from Shangsha Village built houses in Songziling in 1192; their farmlands were cultivated in lattice shapes, which in Chinese is a homophone for "Futian" meaning "blessed fields".
Luohu District was established in April 1979, one month after Shenzhen was promoted to city status. Futian, and another area called Fucheng (附城), became communes within the Luohu District.
Futian became part of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone after it was designated in 1980. It then became a subdistrict under the district of Shangbu (上步).
Futian, along with Nanshan, was promoted to district status in October 1990. The Shangbu district, which had governed the Futian subdistrict the previous decade, became a part of the Futian district. The district government was established on Shennan Middle Road.
Rapid urbanization occurred in the late 20th century; the agricultural land which once made up a vast majority of Luohu had shrunk to an area of only 12.26 km2 (4.73 sq mi) by 2003.
The Central Business District (CBD) of Shenzhen is a planned development project that began in the early 1990s. Located within the Futian district, it comprises an area of 607 hectares. The four sides of the district are delineated by Binhe Dadao, Lianhua Road, Xinzhou Road and Caitian Road.
Many office high-rises and government buildings are located in the CBD, some of which are prominent buildings in Shenzhen, such as the Shenzhen City Hall (Civic Center), Shenzhen Library, Shenzhen Concert Hall, Shenzhen Development Bank building and the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center. Located directly north of the CBD is Lianhuashan Park.
There are numerous skyscrapers in the CBD such as the SEG Tower, China Merchants Bank Tower, the twin towers of East Pacific Center, and the 600 m (1969 ft) Ping An Finance Center, which is the second tallest building in China and the fourth tallest in the world.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Shatou Subdistrict||沙头街道||Shātóu Jiēdào||sa1 teo4 gai1 dou6||226,061||18.90|
|Nanyuan Subdistrict||南园街道||Nányuán Jiēdào||nam4 yun4 gai1 dou6||108,398||3.00|
|Yuanling Subdistrict||园岭街道||Yuánlǐng Jiēdào||yun4 léng5 gai1 dou6||88,261||3.67|
|Huafu Subdistrict||华富街道||Huáfù Jiēdào||wa4 fu3 gai1 dou6||70,834||5.75|
|Futian Subdistrict||福田街道||Fútián Jiēdào||fug1 tin4 gai1 dou6||234,861||12.25|
|Xiangmihu Subdistrict||香蜜湖街道||Xiāngmìhú Jiēdào||hêng1 med6 wu4 gai1 dou6||89,471||9.98|
|Lianhua Subdistrict||莲花街道||Liánhuā Jiēdào||lin4 fa1 gai1 dou6||168,392||9.60|
|Meilin Subdistrict||梅林街道||Méilín Jiēdào||mui4 lem4 gai1 dou6||168,506||34.30|
|Huaqiangbei Subdistrict||华强北街道||Huáqiángběi Jiēdào||wa4 kêng4 beg1 gai1 dou6||54,067||2.90|
|Fubao Subdistrict||福保街道||Fúbǎo Jiēdào||fug1 bou2 gai1 dou6||106,811||3.75|
Futian is currently served by nine metro lines operated by Shenzhen Metro. These lines and their stations and connections are:
- Line 1 – Science Museum , Huaqiang Road, Gangxia , Convention and Exhibition Center , Shopping Park , Xiangmihu, Chegongmiao , Zhuzilin, Qiaocheng East
- Line 2 – Shenkang, Antuo Hill , Qiaoxiang, Xiangmi, Xiangmei North, Jingtian , Lianhua West, Futian , Civic Center , Gangxia North, Huaqiang North , Yannan
- Line 3 – Futian Bonded Area, Yitian, Shixia , Shopping Park , Futian , Children's Palace , Lianhuacun , Huaxin , Tongxinling , Hongling
- Line 4 – Futian Checkpoint ( via Lok Ma Chau), Fumin , Convention and Exhibition Center , Civic Center , Children's Palace , Lianhua North, Shangmeilin
- Line 6 – Science Museum , Tongxinling , Sports Center, Bagualing , Hanling
- Line 7 - Autuo Hill , Nonglin, Chegongmiao , Shangsha, Shawei, Shixia , Huanggangcun, Fumin , Huanggang Checkpoint, Chiwei, Huaqiang South, Huaqiang North , Huaxin , Huangmugang, Bagualing , Hongling North
- Line 9 - Xiasha, Chegongmiao , Xiangmei, Jingtian , Meijing, Xiameilin, Meicun, Shangmeilin , Maling , Hongling North , Yuanling, Hongling , Hongling South
- Line 10 – Futian Checkpoint ( via Lok Ma Chau), Fumin , Gangxia , Gangxia North , Lianhuacun , Donggualing, Maling
- Line 11 – Chegongmiao , Futian
Futian is currently served by the Futian Railway station, with the high speed rail from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.
Central Walk Shopping Mall[note 6]
The mall is located at the Convention and Exhibition Center metro station and features three levels of shopping, entertainment, and dining.
COCO Park is an upscale retail complex in Futian Central Business District. Aside from a shopping mall, it also features a popular street bar, large open public spaces and restaurants.
Huaqiangbei is known for its electronics market, the largest of its kind in China. It also offers a variety of men's and women's fashions, shoes, bags and leather goods.
There are now[when?] 83 schools delivering primary and secondary education holding 111,982 students and 11,503 teaching staff. Futian is also home to 140 kindergartens.
Secondary schools (in Chinese the term "中学", literally meaning "middle school", is used, and often they are called "middle schools" in English in China) include those operated by the Shenzhen municipal government and by the Futian district government.
Schools operated by the Shenzhen municipal government in Futian District include:
Schools operated by the Futian District government include:
- Shenzhen Futian High School[note 7] - In 2018 it had about 2,600 students. It has a 40,000 m2 (430,000 sq ft) campus.
- Shenzhen Fujing Foreign Language School[note 8] - It was created in April 1999 and in 2018 it had over 2,000 students.
- Shenzhen Futian BeiHuan Middle School[note 9]
- Futian Foreign Languages High School[note 10]
- Hongling Middle School
- Shenzhen Futian Huafu Middle School[note 11]
- Shenzhen Futian Huanggang Middle School[note 12]
- Shenzhen Futian Lianhua Middle School[note 13]
- Shenzhen Futian Meilin Middle School[note 14]
- Shenzhen Futian Meishan Middle School[note 15]
- Shenzhen Futian Science Middle School[note 16]
- Shenzhen Futian Shangbu Middle School[note 17]
- Shenzhen Futian Shangsha Middle School[note 18]
- Shenzhen Futian Xinzhou Middle School[note 19]
- Shenzhen Yongyuan Experimental School (沪教院福田实验学校??)
- Xinsha Middle School
Futian District is the location of the University of Hong Kong–Shenzhen Hospital, a municipally-funded public teaching hospital.
Immigration port of entry
One of the immigration control points that lies within Futian is known as the Futian Port. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Spur Line Control Point, connected through a pedestrian bridge. The port is served by Futian Checkpoint Station on the Shenzhen Metro, itself being located within the port building.
Another immigration checkpoint is located 150 m east of Futian Port. This is the only one of the six immigration checkpoints between Shenzhen and Hong Kong that is open 24 hours. The crossing is highway-only and used mostly by trucks and busses, with the mainland and Hong Kong crossings being on opposite sides of a bridge over the Shenzhen River. Its counterpart in Hong Kong is Lok Ma Chau Control Point. It also marks the terminus of the G4 Beijing–Hong Kong–Macau Expressway.
Skyline of Shenzhen (Futian section)
Futian section of Shennan Road
Futian Central Business District viewed from Binhe Boulevard
- 深国投广场; 深國投廣場; Shēnguótóu Guǎngchǎng; sam1 gwok3 tau4 gwong2 coeng4
- 泰然大厦; 泰然大廈; Tàirán Dàshà; taai3 jin4 daai6 haa6
- 车公庙; 車公廟; Chēgōngmiào; ce1 gung1 miu6
- 东方新天地广场; 東方新天地廣場; Dōngfāng Xīntiāndì Guǎngchǎng; dung1 fong1 san1 tin1 dei6 gwong2 coeng4
- 绿景花园; 綠景花園; Lǜjǐng Huāyuán; luk6 ging2 faa1 jyun4*2
- 中心城; Zhōngxīn Chéng; zung1 sam1 sing4; 'Center City'
- 福田中学; 福田中學; Fútián Zhōngxué; fuk1 tin4 zung1 hok6
- 福景外国语学校; 福景外國語學校; Fújǐng Wàiguóyǔ Xuéxiào; fuk1 ging2 ngoi6 gwok3 jyu5 hok6 haau6
- 北环中学; 北環中學; Běihuán Zhōngxué; bak1 waan4 zung1 hok6
- 福田区外国语高级中学; 福田區外國語高級中學; Fútiánqū Wàiguóyǔ Gāojízhōngxué; fuk1 tin4 keoi1 ngoi6 gwok3 jyu5 gou1 kap1 zung1 hok6
- 华富中学; 華富中學; Huáfù Zhōngxué; waa4 fu3 zung1 hok6
- 皇岗中学; 皇崗中學; Huánggǎng Zhōngxué; wong4 gong1 zung1 hok6
- 莲花中学; 蓮花中學; Liánhuā Zhōngxué; lin4 faa1 zung1 hok6
- 梅林中学; 梅林中學; Méilín Zhōngxué; mui4 lam4 zung1 hok6
- 梅山中学; 梅山中學; Méishān Zhōngxué; mui4 saan1 zung1 hok6
- 科技中学; 科技中學; Kējì Zhōngxué; fo1 gei6 zung1 hok6
- 上步中学; 上步中學; Shàngbù Zhōngxué; soeng5 bou6 zung1 hok6
- 上沙中学; 上沙中學; Shàngshā Zhōngxué; soeng5 saa1 zung1 hok6
- 新洲中学; 新洲中學; Xīnzhōu Zhōngxué; san1 zau1 zung1 hok6
- "Wal-Mart China Home Office ." Wal-Mart China. Retrieved on September 30, 2016. "Address: 2-5/F, Tower 2 and 1-12/F, Tower 3, SZITIC Square, 69 Nonglin Road, Futian District, Shenzhen" - Chinese address: "地 址： 深圳市福田区农林路69号深国投广场二号楼2-5层及三号楼1-12层"
Postal address: F18, Block C, Tairan Building, Tairan 8th Road, Chegongmiao, Futian District, Shenzhen, China, Zip Code: 518040// Address in Chinese: "快递地址：中国深圳市福田区车公庙泰然八路泰然大厦C座18楼，邮编: 518040"
- "Contact Us". Everbright International. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
25/F., Block A, Oriental Xintiandi Plaza, No. 1003 Shennan Avenue, Futian, Shenzhen, China- Traditional Chinese address: " 深圳市福田區深南大道1003號東方新天地廣場A座25樓" - Simplified Chinese address: "深圳市福田区深南大道1003号东方新天地广场A座25楼"
- "联系方式 Archived 2012-10-19 at the Wayback Machine." Vienna Hotels. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "总 部 总部地址：深圳市福田区福强路绿景花园首层"
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the People's Republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Municipal Schools". Government of Shenzhen. Retrieved 2020-06-20. and "市属学校" (in Chinese). Government of Shenzhen. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Middle schools From: Futian District". City of Shenzhen. 2019-09-28. Retrieved 2020-06-20. - Listing of Futian District-operated schools in Chinese: "福田区属学校 中学". City of Shenzhen. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Brief Introduction to the School". Shenzhen Futian High School. 2017-05-18. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Fujing Foreign Language School". China Daily. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "Shenzhen Home" (). Quality Schools International. August 2, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016.
- "School Contact Info" (). QSI International School of Shenzhen. August 16, 2009. Retrieved on May 15, 2016. "8063 Hongli West Road Futian District, Shenzhen Guangdong, P.R. China"
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Central Shenzhen.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Futian District.|
- Futian Government Online (in Chinese)