Future Force Unit of Action
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (September 2014)|
The Future Force unit of action (UA) will be the United States Army’s tactical warfighting echelon. Although optimized for offensive operations, the Future Combat Systems (FCS) equipped unit of action (UA) will have the ability to execute a full spectrum of operations. FCS will improve the strategic deployability and operational maneuver capability of ground combat formations without sacrificing lethality or survivability.
Each will consist of:
- 3 combined arms battalions (CABs)
- 1 non-line-of-sight (NLOS) cannon battalion
- 1 reconnaissance surveillance and target acquisition (RSTA) squadron
- 1 forward support battalion (FSB)
- 1 brigade intelligence and communications company (BICC)
- 1 headquarters company
British Army's Future Army Structure (Next Steps), for comparison.
|This United States Army article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|