Future GPX Cyber Formula SIN
|Future GPX Cyber Formula SIN|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Mitsuo Fukuda|
|Produced by||Eiji Sashida
|Written by||Chiaki Morosawa|
|Music by||Toshihiko Sahashi|
|Released||December 21, 1998 – March 17, 2000|
Future GPX Cyber Formula SIN (新世紀GPXサイバーフォーミュラSIN?) is a 1998 Japanese original video animation (OVA) series. It is the last OVA of the Future GPX Cyber Formula series. The story focuses on Bleed Kaga as he struggles to settle the score with Hayato Kazami.
Hayato Kazami and his exclusive race machine, Asurada, finished the Cyber Formula World Grand Prix XVI in 2021 successfully by defending his champion title. After the end of the Grand Prix, Kazami's racing team, Sugo Grand Prix, announces the contract of sponsorship with GIO Motors Inc., thus becoming Sugo GIO Grand Prix.
Meanwhile, Aoi ZIP Formula prepares its return to the Grand Prix after a year of a disgraceful super license suspension. However, Kyoko Aoi, the re-instated owner of Aoi ZIP Formula, receives a grim news from the executive officers of Aoi Motors that they would allow the team to join the Grand Prix with the outdated machine, Ex-Superion Z/A 10, and that the team will disband after the 2022 season unless a champion title is secured, as the officers fear that the rival group GIO's success in CF would greatly damage the already ruined reputation of the company. Bleed Kaga, not knowing this desperate situation coming towards him, returns to Japan to prepare for a test run and waited for the moment to challenge his arch-rival, Hayato Kazami.
After the end of the Grand Prix, Kaga retired from CF and sent his farewell messages to both Nagumo, who congratulated him for winning the race and thanking him on behalf of his brother and Kyoko, who resigned the ownership of the team and hopes to find the great driver who can replace him, respectively. Along with Grey and Phill, Kaga left Japan and headed back to the United States, he discarded his name of Bleed and assumed his real name, Jotaro.
The New Ending
Notable details of the new ending:
- Kyoko Aoi sees the plane in which Bleed Kaga is on and walks off disheartened.
- The start of the 2023 season.
- Henri Claytor switches over to Missing Link and Edelhi Bootsvorz switches over to Sugo GIO Grand Prix.
- Sera Gallagher (from the PlayStation game) joins the Union Saviour team, replacing Naoki Shinjyo who returned to Aoi.
- Showcase of the race queens of Missing Link, Stormzender, Union Saviour, Aoi ZIP Formula and Sugo GIO Grand Prix (with new costumes and girls).
- Miki Jounouchi and Naoki Shinjyo returns to Aoi ZIP Formula and Shinjyo is seen driving the Al-Zard NP-2 (the vehicle name was known in the game series but not the OVA) and is partnered with Seiichirou Shiba, the test driver of Sugo Winners in 2020 (from the PlayStation game). Rena Yuuki also appeared in the game as FICCY's mascot.
- Bleed Kaga visits the grave of his friend Eiji Aizawa and meets Eiji's wife and child.
- The wedding of Hayato Kazami and Asuka Sugo.
- Sera, Rena and the new showgirls' character models are reused 8 years later in Sunrise's series Mai Otome.