|Industry||retailing, insurance, logistics, media|
|Founder||Kishore Biyani (MD & CEO)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Products||Integrated foods and other FMCGs|
|Services||Supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount stores, insurance, logistics, media|
|₹960.18 crore (US$140 million) as of March 2013 |
Number of employees
|Divisions||Future Retail Ltd.(BSE: 523574,NSE: FRL), Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd., Future Consumer Enterprise Ltd., Future Innoversity Ltd., Future Supply Chains Ltd., Future Brands Ltd., Future Capital Holdings Ltd.|
Future Group is an Indian private conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai. The company is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sectors, with popular supermarket chains like Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar, lifestyle stores like Brand Factory, Central etc. and also for having notable presence in integrated foods and FMCG manufacturing sectors. Future Retail (initially Pantaloons Retail India Ltd (PRIL)) and Future Lifestyle Fashions, two operating companies of Future Group, are among the top retail companies listed in BSE with respect to assets, and in NSE with respect to market capitalization.
On May 2012, Future Group announced 50.1% stake sale of its fashion chain Pantaloons to Aditya Birla Group in order to reduce its debt of around INR 8000 crores. To do so, Pantaloons fashion segment was demerged from Pantaloons Retail India Ltd; the latter was then merged to another subsidiary—Future Value Retail Ltd—and rechristened Future Retail Ltd.
- 1 Businesses
- 1.1 Future Group's operating companies sorted by targeted markets
- 1.2 Future Group retail services sorted by operating companies
- 1.3 Products brands under Future Group in India
- 1.4 Fashion and Lifestyle
- 2 Joint Venture Partnerships
- 3 Footnotes
- 4 External links
Future Group is a corporate group and nearly all of its businesses are managed through its various operating companies based on the target sectors. For e.g., retail supermarket/hypermarket chains Big Bazaar, FBB, Food Bazaar, Food Hall, Hometown etc. are operated through its retail hand, Future Retail Ltd, while its fashion outlets Brand Factory, Central, Planet Sports etc. are operated via another of its subsidiaries, Future Lifestyle Fashions. With these many fashion outlets and supermarket, the group also promotes respectively, its fashion brands like Indigo Nation, Spalding, Lombard, Bare etc., and FMCGs like Tasty Treat, Fresh & Pure, Clean Mate, Ektaa, Premium Harvest, Sach etc. It also has operating companies to cater specifically to internal financial matters and consulting within its group of companies.
- Future Retail Ltd
- Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd
- Future Consumer Enterprise Limited
- Future Capital Holdings (for internal financial services)
- Future Generali
- Future Ventures
- Future Innoversity
- Future Supply Chains
- Future Brands
- Future Learning
Future Retail Ltd
- Big Bazaar
- Food Bazaar
- FBB (Fashion @ Big Bazaar)
- E Zone
- FutureBazaar.com (e-retailing)
Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd
Future Consumer Enterprise Limited
- KB's FairPrice
Fashion and Lifestyle
- Indigo Nation
- John Millers
Integrated Foods and FMCG
- Tasty Treat
- Fresh & Pure
- Premium Harvest
- Mera Swad
Joint Venture Partnerships
Generali is an Italian insurance company, having business in India through a joint venture with Future Group under the brand name Future Generali Insurance. Future Generali operates in India having through two primary legal entities namely Generali India Life Insurance Co. Ltd.(Life Insurance) and Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.(Non-Life Insurance). Since 2013, Future Generali held talks of a possible merger with Larsen & Toubro Ltd to form a general insurance company but a year later, on April 22, Future Group backed out of merger leading to premature closure of the talks 
Staples Inc. ,a United States based office supply retailer, has a presence of over nine cities in India under the joint venture with Future Group. As of April 2013, Future Group has 60% stake in the partnership.
French fashion Celio entered Indian markets in 2008 through a 50:50 joint venture with Future Group's then Retail hand, Pantaloons Retails India Ltd (now Future Retail Ltd). On November 2013, Celio hiked its stake in the joint venture to 65% 
C&J Clark International Ltd. is a UK-based footwear and accessories retailer. The Future Group has entered into a 50:50 joint-venture (JV) to form 'Clarks Future Footwear Ltd'. The JV launched its first (1,600 sq ft.) stand-alone store in Connaught Place, Delhi on 19 April 2011. The brand seeks to gain a share of the premium segment in this category. 
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Official Website
- "Top Companies in BSE Retail segment by Total assets". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Top Companies in NSE Retail segment by market cap". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Our Bureau (2012-04-30). "Aditya Birla Novo to take control of Pantaloon's apparel business". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Suman Layak (2012-05-27). "Friendly Takeover". Business Today. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Future Value to be merged with Pantaloon Retail to cut operating cost". India Times. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Future Group Businesses as mentioned in its official website
- Future Retail Chains
- Future Fashion Chains
- BSE (10 Jul 2014). "Future Group Companies". Profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Future Generali Website
- Shilpy Sinha; Arijit Barman (2014-04-22). "Kishore Biyani to pull out of general insurance merger talks with L&T for Future Generali". Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Future group press release announcing JV with Staples Inc". Futuregroup.in. 2007-01-18. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Staples Future Overview". Staplesfuture.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Sagar Malviya (2013-04-04). "Future Group, CEOs JV buy majority stake in Staples". Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Rasul Bailay (2008-04-17). "Pantaloon in JV with menswear firm Celio". Livemint.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Raghavendra Kamath (2013-11-25). "Celio hikes stake in Future Group JV to 65%". Business Standard News. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Print Article". livemint. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 2011-06-20.[dead link]
- Future Group Official website
- Times of India News : Kishore Biyanis Future Group
- The Hindu Business Line News: Future group ready to buy Nilgirs at less than Rs 200 Cr
- Economic Times Article: Future Group to acquire Nilgiris for up to Rs 175 cr
- Economic Times Article: Future Group contemplating retailing private brands
- Economic Times Article: Narendra Modi government seeks views of retail majors like Walmart, Reliance Retail, Future Group and others to contain price rise
- Economic Times Article: Future Retail to raise Rs 2,000 crore via share issue
- MoneyControl news: Plan to cut debt by Rs 4000 cr in 12-18 mths: Future Group
- Business Standard News: Future Group eyes Rs 15,000 crore revenue
- Economic Times Article: Kishore Biyani Vs Mukesh Ambani: Relatively younger Reliance Retail is fast catching up on market leader Future Group
- Forbes India Article: The Big Future Group Sale
- Times of India News: Future Group plans virtual grocery stores
- Reuters: Staples Inc to buy out Indian wholesale JV: source
- MoneyGuru : Future Generali Insurance breaks even in six years