This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||retailing, insurance, logistics, media|
|Founder||Kishore Biyani (CEO)|
|Products||Integrated foods and other FMCGs|
|Services||Supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount stores, insurance, logistics, media|
|₹200.6018 billion (US$2.8 billion) as of March 2013|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Future Retail Ltd.(BSE: 523574,NSE: FRL), Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd., Future Consumer Enterprise Ltd., Future Innoversity Ltd., Future Supply Chains Ltd., Future Brands Ltd., Future Capital Holdings Ltd.|
Future Group is an Indian private conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai. The company is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sectors, with popular supermarket chains like Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar, lifestyle stores like Brand Factory, Central etc. and also for having a notable presence in integrated foods and FMCG manufacturing sectors. Future Retail (initially Pantaloons Retail India Ltd (PRIL)) and Future Lifestyle Fashions, two operating companies of Future Group, are among the top retail companies listed in BSE with respect to assets, and in NSE with respect to market capitalization.
On May 2012, Future Group announced a 50.1% stake sale of its fashion chain Pantaloons to Aditya Birla Group in order to reduce its debt of around ₹80 billion (US$1.1 billion). To do so, Pantaloons fashion segment was demerged from Pantaloons Retail India Ltd; the latter was then merged into another subsidiary—Future Value Retail Ltd—and rechristened Future Retail Ltd.
Future Group is a corporate group and nearly all of its businesses are managed through its various operating companies based on the target sectors. For e.g., retail supermarket/hypermarket chains Big Bazaar, FBB, Food Bazaar, Food Hall, Hometown etc. are operated by its retail hand, Future Retail Ltd, while its fashion outlets Brand Factory, Central, Planet Sports etc. are operated via another of its subsidiaries, Future Lifestyle Fashions. With these many fashion outlets and supermarket, the group also promotes respectively, its fashion brands like Indigo Nation, Spalding, Lombard, Bare etc., and FMCGs like Tasty Treat, Fresh & Pure, Clean Mate, Ektaa, Premium Harvest, Sach etc. It also has operating companies to cater specifically to internal financial matters and consulting within its group of companies.
- On November 21, 2014, Future Consumer Enterprises Ltd. acquired the 98% from Actis Capital and other promoters. With that, Nilgiris is a fully owned subsidiary of Future Consumer Enterprises Ltd (FCEL).
- 1 Future Group's operating companies sorted by targeted markets
- 2 Fashion and Lifestyle
- 3 Joint Venture Partnerships
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- Future Retail Ltd
- Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd
- Future Consumer Limited
- Future Enterprises Limited
- Swathi Tiffin Shop
- Future Capital Holdings (for internal financial services)
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- Future Ventures
- Future Innoversity
- Future Supply Chains
- Future Brands
- Future Learning
- KORYO (Chinese Re-branding)
- Food Bazaar
- Aadhaar Wholesale
- E Zone
- Big Bazaar
- Nilgiris 1905
- Heritage Fresh
Future Lifestyle Fashion Ltd
Fashion and Lifestyle
- Indigo Nation
- John Millers
- Urban Yoga
Integrated Foods and FMCG
- Tasty Treat
- Fresh & Pure
- Premium Harvest
- Mera Swad
- Clean mate
- Care mate
- Swiss tempelle
- Baker street
- Golden Harvest
Joint Venture Partnerships
Generali is an Italian insurance company, having business in India through a joint venture with Future Group under the brand name Future Generali Insurance. Future Generali operates in India having through two primary legal entities namely Generali India Life Insurance Co. Ltd.(Life Insurance) and Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.(Non-Life Insurance). Since 2013, Future Generali held talks of a possible merger with Larsen & Toubro Ltd to form a general insurance company but a year later, on 22 April, Future Group backed out of merger leading to premature closure of the talks
Staples Inc. ,a United States-based office supply retailer, has a presence of over nine cities in India under the joint venture with Future Group. As of April 2013, Future Group has 60% stake in the partnership.
Skechers entered India through a JV with Future Group in 2012.
French fashion Celio entered Indian markets in 2008 through a 50:50 joint venture with Future Group's then Retail hand, Pantaloons Retails India Ltd (now Future Retail Ltd). On November 2013, Celio hiked its stake in the joint venture to 65%
C&J Clark International Ltd. is a UK-based footwear and accessories retailer. The Future Group has entered into a 50:50 joint-venture (JV) to form 'Clarks Future Footwear Ltd'. The JV launched its first (1,600 sq ft.) stand-alone store in Connaught Place, Delhi on 19 April 2011. The brand seeks to gain a share of the premium segment in this category. 
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Official Website
- "Top Companies in BSE Retail segment by Total assets". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Top Companies in NSE Retail segment by market cap". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Our Bureau (2012-04-30). "Aditya Birla Novo to take control of Pantaloon's apparel business". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Suman Layak (2012-05-27). "Friendly Takeover". Business Today. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Future Value to be merged with Pantaloon Retail to cut operating cost". India Times. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Future Group Businesses as mentioned in its official website
- Future Retail Chains
- Future Fashion Chains
- BSE (10 Jul 2014). "Future Group Companies". Profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Future Group to steer Heritage's retail business". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- Reporter, Corporate. "Big Bazaar to invest Rs. 600 crore on expansion". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- pilla, vishwanath. "Future Retail buys Heritage Foods's retail business". Live Mint (in em). Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Future Generali Website
- Shilpy Sinha; Arijit Barman (2014-04-22). "Kishore Biyani to pull out of general insurance merger talks with L&T for Future Generali". Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Future group press release announcing JV with Staples Inc". Futuregroup.in. 18 January 2007. Archived from the original on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Staples Future Overview". Staplesfuture.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Sagar Malviya (2013-04-04). "Future Group, CEOs JV buy majority stake in Staples". Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Rasul Bailay (2008-04-17). "Pantaloon in JV with menswear firm Celio". Livemint.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Raghavendra Kamath (2013-11-25). "Celio hikes stake in Future Group JV to 65%". Business Standard News. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Print Article". livemint. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 2011-06-20.[dead link]