Future Internet Research and Experimentation
- 1 History
- 2 Fed4FIRE - Federation for Future Internet Research and Experimentation
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Some researchers met with government officials in Zurich in March 2007. The first FIRE projects started in 2008, with a budget of 40 million Euro from the seventh of the Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development (FP7). This was known as "call 2". In 2010, a second set of projects with a budget of 50 million Euro included technologies such as sensor networks, cloud computing and service-oriented architectures. A third wave of projects were funded in 2011. It included a web site and some conferences called a "Network of Excellence in InterNet Science". A joint project with Brazil called Future Internet testbeds experimentation between BRazil and Europe (FIBRE) had an organizational meeting in October 2011 in Poznań, Poland.
In 2012, Call 8, with a budget of 25 million Euro, led to a fourth wave of projects which were expected to start in the Fall. The focus was on federation of FIRE facilities and on experimentation on existing facilities, with innovative applications. Call 10 of WP2013 was published 10 July 2012 (OJ C202) with deadline of 15 January 2013.
Fed4FIRE - Federation for Future Internet Research and Experimentation
Fed4FIRE is the largest federation of testbeds in Europe!
- with world-wide, easy to use facilities wireless, wireline, Open Flow, Cloud, ...
- open for experimentation by all Industry, SMEs, academia & research, …
- ready for testing new ideas, products and services for innovative businesses!
Experimenters, Developers, Innovators
use our Federation of testbeds to speed-up your research and business!
- you do not need to spend time and resources to develop your own experimental facility
- you can use multiple testbeds world-wide offering large variety of experimentation opportunities
- get advantage of our user friendly tools to remotely set-up and execute your experiment
- get advantage of Fed4FIRE support team ready to help you at any time
Use Fed4FIRE Open Access for free and run your experiment
Testbed providers – owners and operators
join our Federation and offer your testing services to large community of experimenters!
- allow an easy access to your experimental facilities through powerful Fed4FIRE tools
- bundle your testing capabilities with large number of complementary testing resources available in the Federation
- save your own resources to reach-out a large network of experimenters – your customers
To create your enhanced testing service offer add your facility to the Federation
For more information, visit the Fed4FIRE website!
Fed4FIRE is an Integrated Project in the 7th EU Framework Programme (funded under grant agreement No 318389), started in October 2012 and is running until September 2016.
- Anick Jesdanun (15 April 2007). "Researchers Explore Scrapping Internet". Associated Press. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "FIRE : Future Internet Research and Experimentation". European Union Information Society Technologies web site. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Future Internet Research & Experimentation". Project funding web site. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Network of Excellence in InterNet Science (EINS)". Project web site. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Kick Off Meeting". FIBRE web site. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Open Consultation on "FIRE in Horizon 2020"". Conference web site. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "FIRE". Project "portal" web site.