Future of Forestry
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Future of Forestry|
|Origin||San Diego, California|
|Labels||Credential Recordings, Sound Swan|
|Associated acts||Something Like Silas|
Future of Forestry is an indie rock band from San Diego, California led by multi-instrumentalist, composer, and producer Eric Owyoung. The name comes from a poem by C.S. Lewis, "The Future of Forestry". The project is currently based in Colorado.
The band started in 2006 and released its self-titled debut EP in 2006 under Credential Recordings (EMI). Their first full-length album, Twilight, appeared in 2007, but for the next several years, Owyoung and his collaborators focused on a series of EPs, the Travel series, with three volumes released between 2009 and 2010.
Another EP series, Advent, devoted to Advent-themed music, debuted in 2008, with additional installments appearing in 2010 and 2013. In 2011, the Travel series was collected on a single album, The Complete Travel Series, while the same year, the group issued another compilation, A Film and TV Collection, a limited-edition sampler of music Owyoung created for visual media.
For the 2012 album, Young Man Follow, Owyoung launched his own label, Sound Swan Records. He also opened his own studio, Utopia Road Studios, where he worked on Future of Forestry projects as well as recording and mixing work for other artists.
The following years yielded a 2014 release of the Piano & Strings Sessions, an EP of rearranged Future of Forestry songs orchestrated for piano, strings, and vocals only. In April 2015 an acoustic duet album called "Pages" was released as a surprise to fans on Future of Forestry's website and on iTunes. Pages was then later released on vinyl as the band's first vinyl pressing.
In 2016 the band released Awakened to the Sound.
Sound Swan Records
Future of Forestry has released much of their own music on Sound Swan. However, Owyoung has also mixed, performed and attributed production work for former label mate, Jon Foreman's Sunlight, Shadows, Darkness and Dawn. 
- Eric Owyoung - vocals, instruments
- Spencer Kim - drums
- Nick Maybury - vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Luke Floeter - bass, keyboards
- 2007: Twilight – Credential Recordings
- 2011: A Film & TV Collection – Credential Recordings
- 2011: The Complete Travel Series - Rethink Records
- 2012: Young Man Follow - Sound Swan Records
- 2015: Pages - Sound Swan Records
- 2016: Awakened to the Sound - Sound Swan Records
- 2006: Future of Forestry – Credential Recordings
- 2008: Advent: Christmas EP – Credential Recordings
- 2009: Travel EP – Credential Recordings
- 2009: Travel II EP – Credential Recordings
- 2010: Travel III EP – Credential Recordings
- 2010: Advent: Christmas EP Volume 2 – Credential Recordings
- 2013: Advent: Christmas EP Volume 3 – Credential Recordings
- 2014: The Piano and Strings Sessions - Instrumentals EP – Sound Swan Records
- "Open Wide"
- Compilation appearances
- 2006: Stereocilia Vol. 1 – Credential Recordings
- 2006: X2007 – Provident/Word/EMI
- 2006: X Worship 2007 – Provident/Word/EMI
- 2007: The Tour EP – Credential Recordings
- Freeman, Matthew; John J. Thompson (March–April 2007). "Future of Forestry". HM Magazine (124): 32. ISSN 1066-6923.