Fuzzy architectural spatial analysis
Fuzzy architectural spatial analysis (FASA) (also fuzzy inference system (FIS) based architectural space analysis or fuzzy spatial analysis) is a spatial analysis method of analyzing the spatial formation and architectural space intensity within any architectural organization.
Fuzzy architectural spatial analysis was developed from the architectural theory of space syntax and visibility graph analysis, by Burcin Cem Arabacioglu (2010), and is applied with the help of a fuzzy system with a Mamdami inference system based on fuzzy logic within any architectural space. Fuzzy architectural spatial analysis model analyses the space by considering the perceivable architectural element by their boundary and stress characteristics and intensity properties. The method is capable of taking all sensorial factors into account during analyses in conformably with the perception process of architectural space which is a multi-sensored act.
- Arabacioglu, Burcin Cem (2010). "Using fuzzy inference system for architectural space analysis". Applied Soft Computing 10 (3): 926–937. doi:10.1016/j.asoc.2009.10.011
- Hillier, Bill and Hanson, Julienne (1984), "The Social Logic of Space", Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
- Hillier, Bill (1999), "Space is the Machine: A Configurational Theory of Architecture", Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
- Turner, Alasdair; Doxa, Maria; O'Sullivan, David and Penn, Alan (2001). "From isovists to visibility graphs: a methodology for the analysis of architectural space". Environment and Planning B 28 (1): 103–121. doi:10.1068/b2684
- Arabacioglu, Burcin Cem (2010). "Using fuzzy inference system for architectural space analysis". Applied Soft Computing 10 (3): 926–937. doi:10.1016/j.asoc.2009.10.011.
- Cekmis, Asli; Hacihasanoglu, Isis; Ostwald, Michael J (2013), "A computational model for accommodating spatial uncertainty: Predicting inhabitation patterns in open-planned spaces", Building and Environment, doi:10.1016/j.buildenv.2013.11.023.
- Dutta, Kamlesh; Sarthak, Siddhant (2011), "Architectural space planning using evolutionary computing approaches: a review", Artificial Intelligence Review 36 (4): 311–321, doi:10.1007/s10462-011-9217-y.
- Indraprastha, Aswin; Shinozaki, Michihiko (2011), "Elaboration Model for Mapping Architectural Space" (PDF), Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering 10 (2): 1–8
- Lin, Yuan Horng (2013), "Fuzzy Kappa Coefficient with Simulated Comparisons", Applied Mechanics and Materials, 303-306: 372–375, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.303-306.372
- Wurzer, Gabriel (2013), "In-process agent simulation for early stages of hospital planning", Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems: Methods, Tools and Applications in Engineering and Related Sciences 19 (4): 331–343, doi:10.1080/13873954.2012.761638.
- Yang, Xin; Xu, Duan-qing; Zhao, Lei (2013), "Efficient data management for incoherent ray tracing", Applied Soft Computing 13 (1): 1–8, doi:10.1016/j.asoc.2012.07.002.