September 27, 1983
|Occupation||Film director, illustrator|
Fx Goby studied animation at Supinfocom, a pioneer school in Computer animation in Valenciennes. He graduated in 2006 with a short animated film En Tus Brazos, co directed with Edouard Jouret and Matthieu Landour, that toured festivals around the world and won awards, including a Siggraph 2007 Award of Excellence.
After living in Paris for three years he moved to London joining Nexus Productions. He formed the directing duo Fx and Mat with university friend Matthieu Landour and directed several commercials and music videos including a Coca-Cola Super Bowl commercial in 2011. The duo split in 2012 to follow a solo career. His second short and first live action film, The Elaborate End of Robert Ebb, co directed with Clement Bolla and Matthieu Landour, won the Canal + award at Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival in 2012  and was subsequently purchased by the network. He directed many commercials since then, a short live action film Chiante (Pest) broadcast by Channel4  and a feature documentary for France 3 about Prince Philip : Le Mari de la Reine, l’inconnu de Buckingham  and also published a few books as an illustrator.
In June 2016 he released To Build a Fire, a cinematic adaptation in 2d animation of Jack London’s short novel. The film is touring festivals at the moment and won many awards including the Oscars qualifying Best Animation Grand Prize at the 2016 Rhode Island International Film Festival.
In 2018 he creates alongside co-director Hélène Leroux the first ever Google Doodle in VR / 360 storytelling, a tribute to cinema pioneer Georges Méliès, in a film that encompassed his famous work such as A Trip to the Moon and The Impossible Voyage. The film has subsequently been nominated for an Emmy Awards in the 2018 Creative Arts Emmy Award category.
- En Tus Brazos (2006) , animation, 4 min
- The Elaborate End of Robert Ebb (La Mystérieuse Disparition de Robert Ebb) (2011), 12:30 minutes
- Pest (Chiante) (2015), 2:30 minutes
- To Build a Fire (Construire un Feu), (2016), animation, 13 minutes
- "Skies turn Gold The ramona flowers" Produced by Nexus Productions
- "Cassidy - Erevan Tusk" Produced by Chez Eddy
- "Royal Bank of Canada" 2008
- "OLYMPIC film for Vancouver" 2010
- "Super Bowl Coca-Cola Siege" 2011
- "Tropicana “mornings”" 2011
- "Vodafone surprise" 2012
- "Vitaminwater" 2014
- "Samsung Watch" 2014
- The Queen’s husband - prince Philip unknown story produced by AB production and France 3 (2016)
Illustrations in books
- "Méduses" written by Valentine Goby ISBN 978-2-84137-260-7 (Jérome Millon 2003)
- "Le livre qui rend heureux" written by Arthur Dreyfus (Flammarion 2011) ISBN 978-2-0812-6633-9 (translated in Korean)
- "Le Mystère de Hawa’a " written by Valentine Goby ISBN 978-2-226-24597-7 (Éditions Albin Michel, 2013) 
- "Unifrance.org To Build a Fire Festival selection". 2016 Unifrance. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "SIGGRAPH Animation Winners". 2007 Animation World Network. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Prix Canal+ - La Mystérieuse disparition de Robert Ebb". 2012 Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "JPL Films - La Mystérieuse disparition de Robert Ebb".
- "Random Acts - Chiante". 2016 Channel 4.
- "Prince Philip : Le Mari de la Reine, l'inconnu de Buckingham - Les Documentaires". 2016 France 3.
- "R.I. Festival sending 3 shorts films Oscar consideration". 2016 The Providence Journal.
- "'Le Mystère de Hawa'a' de Valentine Goby & Fx Goby". 2013 France Inter.
- Official Web site
- Fx Goby on IMDb
- Fx Goby on Unifrance.org
- Fx Goby at UK representative Nexus Productions
- Fx Goby at USA representative Free Agents