Fedor Filippovich Konyukhov (Russian: Фёдор Филиппович Конюхов; born December 12, 1951) is a Russian survivalist, traveller and yacht captain. He was born in the village of Chkalovo, Pryazovskyi Raion, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukrainian SSR. In December 2010, he was ordained as an Eastern Orthodox priest in Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate).
In 1983, Fedor Konyukhov was admitted to the Union of Artists of the USSR (he was the youngest member at that moment). Since 1996 he has been a member of the Moscow Union of Artists, Graphic Arts section; since 2001,a member of the Sculpture section as well.
He is a winner of the Gold Medal of the Russian Arts Academy, an Honorary Academician of the Russian Arts Academy and the creator of more than 3,000 paintings. He has participated in a number of Russian and international exhibitions.
Konyukhov is the only person to have reached such extreme points of the planet as the North Pole (three times), the South Pole, the Pole of Inaccessibility in the Arctic Ocean and the top of Mount Everest (twice) and also sailed around the world via Cape Horn.
Konyukhov has set world records, notably crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a single row-boat in 46 days, the best 24-hour distance in the same boat (110 miles) and covering about 800 km in 15 days and 22 hours during a Trans-Greenland dog sleigh ride.
In 2011 Fyodor Konyukhov fulfilled an expedition cross Ethiopia, covering more than 1000 km of route.
From December 22, 2013 to May 31, 2014 Fyodor Konyukhov crossed the Pacific ocean starting in the Chilean port of Concon and finishing in Australian town of Mooloolaba without entering ports and without any external help or assistance. He covered the distance of more than 17408 km (9400 nautical miles) on the Turgoyak rowboat in just 162 days.
Explorers Grand Slam
Fedor is the first Russian mountaineer to complete the 7 Summits challenge for which a person must climb the highest mountains of each of the seven major continents, also he is the first Russian traveller and third person in the world, who completed The Explorers Grand Slam: he also visited both the North Pole and the South Pole.
Konyukhov has been awarded the Order of Friendship of Peoples.
- "Two years ago (in 2010), Fyodor Konyukhov was ordained a priest" - The Voice of Russia Radio
- Calkhoven, Laurie; Herndon, Ryan (2006-02-01). Guinness world records fearless feats: incredible records of human achievement. Scholastic. p. 19. ISBN 978-0-439-71565-2. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- Legendary Russian traveler to climb Everest again
- Fr Fyodor Konyukhov finished his expedition through Ethiopia - pravoslavie.ru
- 62 yo Russian solo sailor crosses Pacific on rowboat covering 17,000km in just 162 days
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fyodor Konyukhov.|
- Official website
- RIA Novosti: Fyodor Konyukhov: The Russian dead-end of rationalism
- Fyodor Konyukhov's official blog about the expedition on a rowing boat across the Pacific ocean
|This Russian artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|