|October 9, 2015|
|Predecessor||Gary E. Stevenson|
|First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric|
|March 31, 2012– October 9, 2015|
|Successor||Dean M. Davies|
|End reason||Called to be Presiding Bishop|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 5, 2008– March 31, 2012|
|End reason||Called to be First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric|
|Born||Gérald Jean Caussé
May 20, 1963
|Spouse(s)||Valérie Lucienne Babin|
Gérald Jean Caussé (born 20 May 1963) has been the Presiding Bishop of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 9 October 2015. He is the fifteenth man to serve in this position. He has been a general authority of the LDS Church since 2008 and was the first person from France appointed as a general authority.
Caussé served for a year in the French Air Force. He has a master's degree in business from École supérieure des sciences économiques et commerciales (ESSEC Business School).
Prior to his call as a general authority, Caussé was the general manager and a member of the board of Pomona, France's largest food distributor.
Caussé was president of the Paris France Stake of the LDS Church from 2001 to 2007. In April 2007, he became an Area Seventy in the Europe West Area of the church. On 5 April 2008, Caussé became a member of the church's First Quorum of the Seventy. For most of his four years as a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy Caussé served in the presidency of the church's Europe Area.
On 31 March 2012, he was called to served as the first counselor to Gary E. Stevenson in the Presiding Bishopric. When Stevenson was called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in October 2015, Caussé succeeded him as the church's Presiding Bishop. Under the direction of the First Presidency, the Presiding Bishopric is tasked with general oversight of many of the church's day-to-day operations. Among other areas of management, this includes the construction and maintenance of church meetinghouse facilities around the world.
Caussé and his wife, Valérie, were married on 5 August 1986 in the Bern Switzerland Temple. They are the parents of five children.
- "New Presiding Bishopric Announced : Bishop Gérald Caussé is 15th presiding bishop in Church's history", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-10-09
- "Brief biographies of new leaders called to LDS Church hierarchy", Deseret Morning News, 2008-04-05.
- Melissa Merrill, "Bishop Gérald Caussé: Example was set Service is a means to testimony", Church News, May 20, 2012.
- Church News, 5 May 2001.[full citation needed]
- Church News, 2007-04-21.[full citation needed]
- Twila Van Leer, "LDS Church announces changes to presiding bishopric, Relief Society presidency, First Quorum of the Seventy", Deseret News 31 March 2012.
- Church Education: About CES Administration, lds.org. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- “Elder Gérald Caussé,” Liahona, May 2008, p. 134
- "Bishop Gérald Caussé", Liahona, May 2012.
- "Bishop Gérald Caussé", Liahona, November 2015.
|The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints titles|
Gary E. Stevenson
October 9, 2015 -
Richard C. Edgley
|First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric
March 31, 2012 - October 9, 2015
Dean M. Davies