Pier of Göhren on Rügen Island
|• Mayor||Carola Koos (CDU)|
|• Total||6.89 km2 (2.66 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||180/km2 (470/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||038303, 038308|
The municipality of Göhren adjoins the easternmost point of the island of Rugen: Cape Nordperd. It separates the North Beach (Nordstrand) from the South Beach (Südstrand). The North Beach is the actual bathing beach with a seaside promenade. Between Göhren Pier and the Nordperd lies the Buskam, the largest glacial erratic boulder in North Germany, which rises one metre about the sea.
- Göhren Pier was rebuilt in the 1990s. It is 270 metres long.
- Speckbusch Barrow (Hügelgrab Speckbusch) is next to Göhren church and dates to the Bronze Age.
- The Mönchguter Museums are four museums that are protected and, together, form an open-air museum. There is a local history museum, the motor yacht Luise, the museum farm (since 1973), and a thatched fisherman's house, the Rookhuus.
- The Drachenhaus was the last home and workshop of the "Poet of the Baltic" and important playwright, Max Dreyer.
- Buskam: the largest glacial erratic in Germany is located ca. 300 metres offshore, east of Göhren.
- Memorial for the victims of Action Rose in 1953 on the Baltic Sea (Hotel Seestern, Poststraße 10)
- Göhren Village Church dates to the 20th century (1929/30).
- The area monument, the Hessenlager, on the road to Lobbe is an 1812 military camp.
- The beaches have a total length of 5 km and merge into each other.
- North Beach (Nordstrand): up to 30-metre-wide, white, fine-sand beach with a 270-metre-long pier
- South Beach (Südstrand): rockier and narrower beach which runs to Lobbe.
- "Bevölkerungsstand der Kreise, Ämter und Gemeinden in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 31.12.2015". Statistisches Amt Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (in German). July 2016.
- "Ostseebad Göhren". www.ruegen.de (in German). Retrieved 2016-05-04.
Media related to Göhren (Rügen) at Wikimedia Commons
|This Vorpommern-Rügen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|