Rehn studied at the University of Stockholm and its Social Research Institute (Socialinstitutet). He started to work as an economist for the Swedish Trade Union Confederation in 1930, being this his full-time employment since 1943. In 1952-58 he worked with labour market policy questions for two committees at government level. In 1959-62, Rehn was employed by the Ministry of Finance as responsible for the Government's economic forecasts and analyzes of the effects of fiscal policy. In 1962 he became head of the Department of Labour and Social Affairs at the OECD in Paris. In 1973-79 he was director of the Institute for Social Research at Stockholm University, where he lectured and also researched after his retirement. He was also a guest researcher at the University of California at Berkeley in 1979-80.
- Los Sindicatos y la Crisis Económica - G. Bretaña, Alemana Y Suecia - P. Gourevitch, A. Martin, S. Bornstein e A. Markovits 1991 Ministerio de Trabajo y seguridad social. ISBN 84-7434-655-X
- Full sysselsättning utan inflation. Skrifter i urval. - Gösta Rehn, Eskil Wadensjö, Åke Dahlberg, Bertil Holmlund Tidens Förlag, 1988 (Full employment without inflation)
- "Del Rosal Crespo - Los Límites Del Socialismo Reformista El Caso de Suecia". Es.scribd.com. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- Lennart Erixon (1997-11-01). "The Father of the Swedish Model in Memory of Gosta Rehn (1913-96)". Eid.sagepub.com. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Gosta Rehn". Diva-portal.org. Retrieved 2015-03-08.