|Died||Bursa, the Ottoman Empire|
|Known for||Valide Hatun|
According to a tradition Gülçiçek was the consort of Aclan Bey, one of the princes of Anatolian Muslim principality of Karasids. She was captured when Orhan conquered the principality (c. 1344) and placed in the Ottoman Palace. Some years later, when Orhan's son Murad had reached adulthood, an attempt was made to marry Gülçiçek, but she refused several names suggested to her, until Murad suggested himself. She married Murad I in 1359. There is a support for this story, or part of it at least, in the fact that the endowment deed for a dervish monastery.
She gave birth to two sons, Bayezid I and Yahşi Bey. In her lifetime she established a religious and charitable foundation which demonstrated her Muslim piety publicly. With its revenues she built a mosque and a tomb in Bursa where she was buried.
- Ottoman Empire
- Ottoman dynasty
- Ottoman family tree
- List of Valide Sultans
- List of sultans of the Ottoman Empire
- Line of succession to the Ottoman throne
- Ottoman Emperors family tree (simplified)
- List of consorts of the Ottoman Sultans
- Peirce, Leslie P., The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire, Oxford University Press, 1993, ISBN 0-19-508677-5 (paperback).
- Yavuz Bahadıroğlu, Resimli Osmanlı Tarihi, Nesil Yayınları (Ottoman History with Illustrations, Nesil Publications), 15th Ed., 2009, ISBN 978-975-269-299-2 (Hardcover).
- "Sultan Yıldırım Beyezid Han". Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Archived from the original on August 13, 2014. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- Leslie P. Peirce (1993). "Wives and Concubines: The Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries". The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire. Oxford University Press. p. 36. ISBN 978-0-195-08677-5.
- The Nature of the Early Ottoman State, Heath W. Lowry, State University of New York Press (SUNY Press), p. 153
- History of the Ottoman Empire and Modern Turkey, Stanford Jay Shaw, Cambridge University Press, p. 28
|This Ottoman biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This royalty-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|