This article does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Romance, comedy, serial drama|
|Directed by||Sadullah Celen|
|Country of origin||Turkey|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Running time||120 minutes(approx)|
|Original network||Kanal D|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
Güneşin Kızları (English translation: Sunshine Girls) is a Turkish TV show starring Emre Kınay, Hande Erçel, Evrim Alasya, Tolga Sarıtaş, Burcu Özberk, Berk Atan and Miray Akay which was aired on Kanal D in 2015.
Güneş is a 35 year old woman who lives in Izmir with her three daughters. Her twins, Selin, Nazlı who are 17 year olds and Peri who is 15. She is a literature teacher whose husband left her. She meets Haluk Mertoğlu and falls in love with him. She then decides to marry him, goes to Istanbul with her daughters and moves into Haluk's mansion. Selin is very happy with the move, and immedietly tried to wiggle her way into the popular crowd of kids. Nazlı is not happy with the decision so she constantly strives to unearth Haluk's deep dark secret. Ali (Haluk's son) is not happy to welcome the guests and he targets Selin as his new opponent. Savaş is another character who lives in Haluk's mansion. He is the adopted son of Haluk's older sister. Savas is a suicidal boy who is depressed over his girlfriend, Melissa leaving him. Nazlı slowly wins the heart of Savaş just in time for Melissa to reappear into their lives, claiming that Savaş's mother was responsible for getting rid of her by paying her to stay away from Savaş. Melissa learns and quietly tells Nazlı that Savaş's adopted mother (Haluk's sister) was responsible for the death of his birth mother which is why she adopted him. Nazlı helps Savaş learn the truth. Meanwhile Ali and Selin are becoming close friends and then forbidden lovers. Later it is uncovered that Ali is not Haluk's biological son. His mother had an affair before marrying Haluk. Also, Nazlı uncovers Haluk's deep dark secret which was that her mother was raped when she was young and her abuser was Haluk so the twins biological father was actually Haluk.
|Emre Kınay||Haluk Mertoğlu||1-39||Haluk Mertoglu is a businessman who has many hotels under his name. Father of Ali. He falls in love with Güneş and marry.He has some mental problems which he tries to avoid from Güneş.|
|Evrim Alasya||Güneş Mertoğlu||1-39||She is a teacher. Mother of twin sisters Selin and Nazlı, and little Peri. She falls in love with Haluk and marry him.|
|Tolga Sarıtaş||Ali Mertoğlu||1-39||He is Haluk and Sevilay's son. At first he and his step sister Selin, hate each other but then realize he falls in love with her.|
|Hande Erçel||Selin Yılmaz Mertoğlu||1-39||Daughter of Gunes, and sister to Nazlı and Peri. She is cheerful 17 year old. She loves her mom and sisters very much. At first she likes Emre who is her step brother Ali's friend but later realises that she actually loves Ali.|
|Burcu Özberk||Nazlı Yılmaz||1-39||Daughter of Gunes, and sister to Selin and Peri.She falls in love with Savaş.|
|Berk Atan||Savaş Mertoğlu||1-39||Rana's adopted son. He falls in love with Nazlı.|
|Miray Akay||Peri Yılmaz||1-39||Selin and Nazlı's younger sister|
|Meltem Gülenç||Rana Mertoğlu||1-39||Haluk's older sister|
|Funda İlhan||Sevilay||1-39||Haluk's ex wife and Ali's mother.|
|Teoman Kumbaracıbaşı||Ahmet Mertoğlu||1-39||Haluk's and Rana's younger brother|
|Kanat Heparı||Mert||1-39||Melissa's younger brother.|
This is a story of Güneş and her 3 daughters; twins, Selin and Nazlı, and Peri. They lived in Izmer. They decided to come to Istanbul when Güneş was proposed by a rich man Haluk.
Haluk has a family of many people including Rana (Haluk's elder sister), Ahmet and Inci (Ahmet's wife), Ali (son from ex wife, Sevilay) and Savaş (Rana's adopted son). Savaş lives alone outside the main house because everyone thinks he killed his last lover Melissa but he doesn't remember a thing about the last might they spent together before her disappearance. Sevilay (Haluk's ex wife) lives separately.
1) Savaş didn't kill Melissa, his ex lover but everyone blames him for that, including Emre, Tugche, Ali, and Mert (Melissa's young brother). Melissa isn't dead. She knew truth about Savaş so Rana (Savaş's adopted mother) made her go away. Rana was Savaş's biological mom's best friend and had illegitimate relationship with Savaş's father. He divorced Savaş's mom and Rana saw Savaş's mother committing suicide because of it. This is Rana's ultimate guilt in life and the reason why she adopted Savaş. When Savaş learns this, he breaks all ties with the family.
2) Güneş believes Zafar, her ex husband and ex lover too; raped her and her twins are his daughters but in reality, Zafar didn't rape her but Haluk did when she was in a cottage blindfolded in Izmer, summer of 1997. He claims he was in love with her. Zafar wants to take Peri, the youngest daughter and his true blood daughter to Germany for bone marrow so he could save his other daughter in Germany. He threatens Haluk that he'll tell this rape truth to Güneş. So Haluk throws him in front of a car which by accident Gunesh was driving. She kills Zafar accidentally and they both decide to keep it a secret and Haluk buries Zafar's body in the woods to save Güneş from a life sentence since she had stabbed Zafar once before and was in jail because of it.
3) Nazlı and Savaş will have a relationship.
4) Tugçe will later be friends and partners in crime too. She was once Emre's lover but they broke up. Selin was also the lover of playboy Emre but they break up because Selin is kissed by Ali, and they fall in love due to their common past.
5) Ali isn't Haluk's son. He is son of Sevilay, Haluk's ex wife and her old lover Levent. She didn't know she was pregnant when she married Haluk. Haluk does a lot of drama about this but when Ali comes to know and harms himself, Haluk realises he had been a shitty father and apologizes.
6) Levent appoints a bar dancer/stripper Elif to know more about Ali. She comes to the university with Ali and becomes his friend which obviously Selin doesn't like and she along with Tugçe tries to expose her because she feels there's something fishy about Elif.
7) Some 20 years ago, in 1997 Haluk was married to Sevilay and Ali was born. Haluk's younger brother Ahmet who is an architect, painted Güneş 20 years ago as he was also in love with her at the time. She doesn't know that.
8) Peri and Caan (Tugçe's younger brother) later become a couple.
9) Haluk's sister (Rana) learns the truth that Haluk had raped Güneş and she tells Haluk that she knows the truth and tells him to divorce Güneş so that she can live a better life. Haluk gets angry and tries to hurt Savaş and Rana tries to save him. Savaş also learns the truth and tries to tell Nazlı but then realises Nazlı will be very sad and can't leave her life so he leaves Nazlı by telling a lie about him and Melissa. Nazlı starts crying but can't hate him.
10) Ali also learns the truth and tries to kill Haluk with a gun. Selin sees this. Haluk also knows that Selin and Ali are lovers so he tells them to break up. After that, Selin arranges a marriage so that Ali will become normal but Ali gets even more broken so Selin asks him to get married for real.
11) Rana tells the truth to Güneş about her rape. Güneş gets extremely upset and tries to escape everyone with her daughters.