Günther or Gunther and variants, Günter or Gunter, are Germanic names derived from Gunthere, Gunthari, composed of *gunþiz "battle" (Old Norse gunnr) and heri, hari "army". Gunder and Gunnar is the North Germanic equivalent in Scandinavia.
The name may refer to:
- Gunther Island, in Humboldt Bay, California
In arts and entertainment
- Günther (singer), the stage persona of Swedish musician Mats Söderlund
- Gunther, a fictional recurring character in Friends, played by James Michael Tyler.
- Gunter, a recurring penguin in the animated series Adventure Time
- Gunther, a character in Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil.
- Bernie Gunther, the protagonist of Philip Kerr's Berlin Noir novels
- Gunther Hessenheffer, a fictional character from Disney's TV series Shake It Up, played by Kenton Duty
- Gunther Hermann, a character in the video game Deus Ex
- Gunther Berger, a character in the Luann comic strip
- Günther Bachmann, a character in the film A Most Wanted Man, played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Gunther Breech, a character in the book Jane and the Dragon and the TV series
- Welkin Gunther, a character in the video game Valkyria Chronicles
- Gunther Brewing Company, a historic (now defunct) brewery, which originated as George Gunther, Jr. Brewing Company
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Günther.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.