|• Mayor||Hayrullah Tanış (AKP)|
|• Kaymakam||Fatih Sayar|
|• District||4,130.30 km2 (1,594.72 sq mi)|
|• District density||9.5/km2 (25/sq mi)|
Gürpınar (Kurdish: Payizawa/Xawesor, Armenian: Հայոց Ձոր, romanized: Hayots' Dzor) is a district of Van Province and 20 km (12 mi) south of the provincial capital Van. With an area of 4,700 km2, Gürpınar is the largest district of Turkey. It has 79 villages and several places of historical interest. Much of the residents of this area speak Kurmanci, the most commonly spoken dialect of the Kurdish language. The current mayor is Hayrullah Tanış from the Justice and Development Party (AKP). As Kaymakam Fatih Sayar was appointed in August 2019 by president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
The area's old name and Armenian name was Hayots Dzor (Armenian: Հայոց Ձոր, meaning Valley of the Armenians). Its Kurdish name is Payizava; however, the Armenian-derived Xawesor is also used.
In Armenian mythology, Hayots Dzor is the valley where the Armenian progenitor Hayk defeated the army of the invading Assyrian king Bel and constructed a fortress (Haykaberd) nearby.
- Hoşap Castle
- Haykaberd Urartian castle
- Surp Marinos Monastery
- Zernek castle near Hamurkesen, Van
- Dar Mariam Church
- Put cave and cave pics
- Tirishim plateau, rock pictures park
- Menua Canal
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Adem Avcıkıran (2009). Kürtçe Anamnez Anamneza bi Kurmancî (PDF) (in Turkish and Kurdish). p. 57. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Van Gürpınar Seçim Sonuçları - 31 Mart Van Gürpınar Yerel Seçim Sonuçları". secim.haberler.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "Gürpınar Kaymakamı Fatih Sayar". www.gurpinar.gov.tr. Retrieved 2020-05-19.