Güzelyurt District is a district of Northern Cyprus. It consists only of the Güzelyurt sub-district. Its capital is Morphou, also known by its Turkish name, Güzelyurt. Its population was 30,590 in the 2011 census, but this included Lefka; with its current borders, its population was 18,946, constituting 6.6% of the population of Northern Cyprus. Its Governor is Menteş Gündüz.
Güzelyurt District was formed on 1 June 1998 via separation from Lefkoşa District. Lefke (Lefka) had been its second sub-district until 27 December 2016, when it was separated by a unanimous decision in the Assembly of the Republic to become the Lefke District, the sixth district of Northern Cyprus.
- TRNC Census 2006 (TRNC State Planning Organization) Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "District population census 2011" (PDF). 14 September 2014.
- Güzelyurt çarşısı Tatar'ı ağırladı (HaberHavadis) Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Haberler50 The number of Northern Cyprus districts increased from 3 to 5
- "Lefke 6. ilçe oldu!". Kıbrıs Postası. 27 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
|This Cyprus location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|