Gōtsu Station in May 2018
926 Gōtsu-chō, Gōtsu-shi, Shimane-ken 695-0011|
|Operated by||JR West|
|Distance||453.4 km from Kyoto|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platform|
|Opened||25 December 1920|
|Previous names||Iwami-Gōtsu (until June 1970)|
Gōtsu Station is served by the Sanin Main Line, lying 453.4 km from the starting point of the line at Kyoto Station. This was the terminal station for the Sankō Line before it ceased operation on 31st March 2018. The Sankō Line was replaced by a bus service starting 1st April 2018.
|1||■ Sanin Main Line||for Ōdashi, Izumoshi, and Matsue|
|2||■ Sanin Main Line||for Hamada and Masuda|
|Sanin Main Line|
|Sankō Line (closed)|
On 16 October 2015, JR West announced that it was considering closing the Sanko Line due to poor patronage. On 29 September 2016, JR West announced that the entire line would close on 31 March 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Japan: JTB. p. 312. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- ＪＲ三江線廃止 代替バス運行開始 Retrieved 2nd April, 2018 (in Japanese)
- ＪＲ西：三江線、廃止も検討…人口減、利用低迷で [JR West considering closure of Sanko Line - declining population and poor patronage]. Mainichi Shimbun (in Japanese). Japan: The Mainichi Newspapers. 16 October 2015. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- 三江線１８年３月末で廃線 [Sanko Line to close at end of March 2018]. Mainichi Shimbun (in Japanese). Japan: The Mainichi Newspapers. 29 September 2016. Archived from the original on 1 October 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gōtsu Station.|
- Official website (in Japanese)