|Full name||Grupo Desportivo e Recreativo de Monsanto|
(Year of foundation)
|Ground||Campo do Pião
|League||Portuguese Third Division Series D (IV)|
G.D.R. Monsanto is a Portuguese football club based in the village of Monsanto in the municipality of Idanha-a-Nova in east Portugal. They currently play in one of eight regional leagues in the Portuguese Third Division in the fourth tier of Portuguese football.
G.D.R. Monsanto has existed informally for most of the 20th century, but was formally constituted in 1976 as part of a sports club that also competes in cycling and chess. In recent years, the team played in the Santarém District Leagues before reaching promotion to the Portuguese Third Division in 2004 and subsequently the Portuguese Second Division in 2008.
The club was relegated back to the Third Division for the 2010–11 season, where it won the Series D league, and will compete in the Second Division again in 2011–12.
G.D.R. Monsanto play their home matches in Campo do Pião, Monsanto. The stadium's capacity is 1000.
As of 20 June 2011. Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Portuguese Third Division Series D:
- Winners (2): 2007–08, 2010–11
- Santarém District League First Division (fifth tier league):
- Winners (1): 2003–04
- Santarém District League Second Division (sixth tier league):
- Winners (1): 2000–01
- "Third Division Series D 2010–11 season final standings (Portuguese)". zerozero pt. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "G.D.R. Monsanto club history (Portuguese)". G.D.R. Monsanto official website. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Taça de Portugal 2009/10". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Campo do Pião". weltfussballarchiv.com. Retrieved 20 June 2011.