|Single by The Smashing Pumpkins|
|Released||November 4, 2008|
|Recorded||May - July 2008|
|Producer(s)||Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, Bjorn Thorsrud|
|The Smashing Pumpkins singles chronology|
|Alternative Version Cover|
Promotional CD Single Cover
"G.L.O.W." is a song by the American alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins. It premiered on Chicago alternative rock station Q101 on September 29, 2008. This song was the last recorded Smashing Pumpkins song to feature drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, who left the band in March 2009.
In July 2008 it was announced on the band's official website that the recording of this song was complete. Bjorn Thorsrud was confirmed as a co-producer of the track, stating: "'G.L.O.W.' has me glowing all over". Later that month the band's website reported that the track had entered the mixing stage, with mixing by Chris Lord-Alge, and that it was still slated for a September release. The article also featured a photo of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin among others at Ardent Studios in Memphis, Tennessee where "G.L.O.W." was recorded.
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Billy Corgan stated that, with American Gothic and "G.L.O.W.", the band "finally turned the corner... where it’s starting to feel like our music again, and not theirs, whoever 'they' might be," referring to the band's choice to continue making music without a record label.
"G.L.O.W." was released as a "digital 45" on the iTunes Store on November 4, 2008 and was released as a downloadable track for Guitar Hero World Tour on December 4, 2008, along with "1979" and "The Everlasting Gaze". It was the first digital 45 to be released by iTunes.  The band worked on a music video with Justin Coloma for the song. The video premiered on MySpace on December 2, 2008.
The cover art was created by artist Kateri Forbes.
- "G.L.O.W." – 3:20
- "Superchrist" – 7:05
Guitar Hero Download Package
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||8|
|U.S. Billboard Modern Rock||11|
|Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||25|
|Hot Canadian Digital Singles||39|
|Canadian Hot 100||80|
- "Studio version of G.L.O.W. to premiere today on Q101[permanent dead link]". SmashingPumpkins.com May 28, 2008.
- "New song, G.L.O.W., recording finished 2008". SmashingPumpkins.com July 23, 2008.
- "Chris Lord-Alge helps Billy Corgan to mix “G.L.O.W.”". HipstersUnited.com 2008-07-30.
- "Billy Corgan discusses Pumpkins song in 'Watchmen' trailer"
- "Smashing Pumpkins". Smashing Pumpkins. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Music Video News: September 28, 2008 - October 4, 2008". Video Static. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Smashing Pumpkins". Smashing Pumpkins. Retrieved 2011-11-22.