GOOD Fridays was a weekly free music giveaway by rapper Kanye West, launched in support of his fifth studio album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010). The intention was to release a free new song every Friday for a few months to promote his album, and the weekly tracks generally featured various rappers from his label, GOOD Music, and other artists he usually collaborated with. All of the GOOD Friday tracks come with their own cover art. West initially announced that the free music program releases songs from August 20, 2010 to Christmas 2010. However at the beginning of November, West announced that he was extending GOOD Fridays until the end of January. 15 GOOD Friday tracks have been released through the program and four tracks appeared on West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
On January 8, 2016, it was announced by West's wife Kim Kardashian that G.O.O.D Fridays would be returning leading up to his upcoming album, The Life of Pablo (then known by the titles Waves, SWISH and So Help Me God).
(featuring JAY-Z and Swizz Beatz)
|August 20, 2010||—|
(featuring Rick Ross, JAY-Z, Nicki Minaj and Bon Iver)
|August 27, 2010
|Taken off the GOOD Friday website due to being released as an official single. Peaked at position #18 on the Billboard Hot 100.|
|"Runaway Love (Remix)"
(Justin Bieber featuring Kanye West & Raekwon)
|August 30, 2010 (Monday)||Is the first song released which features West as a guest collaborator rather than a main guest. Contains a sample of Wu-Tang Clan's "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing ta Fuck Wit. Was later released on Never Say Never – The Remixes, which uses the original version's beat.|
|"Devil in a New Dress"||September 3, 2010||Shortened version of what appeared on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Produced by Bink!.|
(featuring Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Big Sean and Charlie Wilson)
|September 10, 2010||—|
|"Lord Lord Lord"
(featuring Mos Def, Swizz Beatz, Raekwon and Charlie Wilson)
|September 17, 2010||After the release of this track, Mos Def confirmed his signing with GOOD Music|
(featuring JAY-Z, Pusha T, Cyhi the Prynce, Swizz Beatz and RZA)
|September 24, 2010||The GOOD Friday release of this track is an unmastered version of what later appeared on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.|
|"Christian Dior Denim Flow"
(featuring Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks and Ryan Leslie)
|October 1, 2010||Released the week West said he would temporarily suspend the GOOD Friday series. Re-released with an extended verse by Ryan Leslie.|
|"Don't Stop!" (Child Rebel Soldier)||October 8, 2010||Recorded and produced more than a year prior to release. Re-released 2 days later with a different mix of the song.|
|"Take One for the Team"
(featuring Keri Hilson, Pusha T and Cyhi the Prynce)
|October 15, 2010||—|
|"Don't Look Down"
(featuring Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco and Big Sean)
|October 22, 2010||Produced by Swizz Beatz and The Individualz.|
(featuring Pete Rock, JAY-Z, Charlie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield and Kid Cudi)
|October 29, 2010||Produced by Pete Rock and Kanye West. Included as a bonus track on Watch the Throne.|
|"Looking for Trouble"
(featuring Pusha T, Cyhi the Prynce, Big Sean and J. Cole)
|November 5, 2010||Also included on the J. Cole mixtape Friday Night Lights as a bonus track.|
(featuring Talib Kweli and Consequence)
|November 12, 2010||Produced by Q-Tip. Contains a sample of "Swamp Fox - Interlude No. 6" by Albino Gorilla.|
|"Christmas in Harlem"
(featuring Cam'ron, Jim Jones, Vado, Cyhi the Prynce, Pusha T, Musiq Soulchild, Teyana Taylor and Big Sean)
|December 17, 2010||Produced by Hit-Boy. Released officially through iTunes on December 17, 2010, with only Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce and Kanye. The final version was released the following week.|
(featuring Ty Dolla $ign)
|January 8, 2016||Produced by Kanye West and Boi-1da. Contains a snippet of "No More Parties in LA". |
|"No More Parties in L.A."
(featuring Kendrick Lamar)
|January 18, 2016 (Monday)||Produced by Kanye West and Madlib. contains samples of "Give Me My Love" by Johnny "Guitar" Watson, "Suzie Thundertussy" by Walter "Junie" Morrison, "Mighty Healthy" Ghostface Killah and "Stand Up and Shout About Love" by Larry Graham Jr.,|
|"30 Hours"||February 12, 2016||Song released after announcing the completion of The Life of Pablo. Album version features background vocals from André 3000. Produced by West, Stones Throw Records' producer Karriem Riggins and Mike Dean.|
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-08-23). "Kanye West Promises New Song Every Week Through Christmas - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-08-23). "Kanye West Promises New Song Every Week Through Christmas - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- [dead link]
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-30). "Kanye West Finishes My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Geslani, Michelle (2016-01-08). "Kanye West is resurrecting G.O.O.D. Fridays: new song to be released each week". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- Ryon, Sean (2010-08-12). "Kanye West To Release "Power (Remix)" With Jay-Z Tomorrow". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Montgomery, James (2010-10-19). "Kanye West Reveals Which Good Friday Tracks Are On Fantasy". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- Nadeska, Alexis (2010-08-30). "Kanye West and Jay-Z Team Up for Joint EP, Release 'Monster'". BoomBox. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- Denis, Vanessa (2010-09-27). "Mos Def Signs With Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-02). "Kanye West Unleashes His 'Christian Dior Denim Flow' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Twitter / Kanye West". Twitter.com. 2010-10-03. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (2010-10-09). "Kanye West, Pharrell, Lupe Fiasco 'Don't Stop' On New Track - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Twitter / Kanye West: Peep the newer version of". Twitter.com. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Real Friends produced by me/sample by Frank Dukes and Boi 1da/drum programming by Havoc". Twitter. 2016-01-08. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "No More Parties in LA featuring Kendrick Lamar intro produced by me/track by Madlib". Twitter. 2016-01-08. Retrieved 2016-01-08.