This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Tulagam, Srikakulam district|
|Genres||Indian music, playback singing, composer|
Gedela Ananda Rao, popularly abbreviated as G. Anand or called as Swaramadhuri, is a Telugu singer. His troupe 'Swara Madhuri' performed all over the world. He has given performances more than 6500.
Early life and career
Anand was born in Tulagam village in Srikakulam district. His father was a stage drama artist. He learnt music from his father. His father used him to play in Mythological dramas. When his father played the role of Rama, he and his brother acted as Lava and Kusa. When he started his singing career, he has sung the songs in many festivals and functions in his neighborhood villages. Anand participated in many competitions and won many prizes. In one such competition, the judges were famous music director Sri.K.V.Mahadevan and singer S.P.Balasubrahmanyam. They observed his extraordinary performance and declared him as the winner. After the show was over Sri.K.V.Mahadevan guru promised to give him a chance in cinema.
His best performances
He was given an opportunity to sing chorus in pandanti kaapuram (Telugu: పండంటి కాపురం) in 1972.
- 1972 : Pandanti kaapuram (Telugu:పండంటి కాపురం)
- 1976 : America Ammayi (Telugu:అమెరికా అమ్మాయి)
- 1977 : Ame katha (Telugu:ఆమె కథ)
- 1977 : Kalpana (Telugu:కల్పన)
- 1977 : Dana veera Sura Karna (Telugu:దాన వీర శూర కర్ణ)
- 1977 : Chakradhari (Telugu:చక్రధారి)
- 1977 : Bangarakka (Telugu:బంగారక్క)
- 1978 : mana Uri pandavulu (Telugu:మన ఊరి పాండవులు)
- 1978 : Pranam khareedu (Telugu:ప్రాణం ఖరీదు)
- 1979 : Tayaramma Bangarayya (Telugu:తాయారమ్మ బంగారయ్య)
- 1987 : Gandhinagar rendava veedhi (Teluguvగాంధీనగర్ రెండవ వీధి)-music director
- 1987 : Swatanthryaniki Upiri poyyandi (Telugu:స్వాతంత్ర్యానికి ఊపిరి పొయ్యండి) music director
- 1990 : Rangavalli (Telugu:రంగవల్లి) music director
After his first performance, he stayed at Madras in the house of Late Leelaraani. After some time he moved to live with Medisetty Apparao and Sarathbabu. After listening to his song at the function of Actor Chandramohan, Sri Navatha Krishnamraju gaaru introduced him to Venkatesh garu. After listening to his song, Venkatesh garu promised to get him an offer to sing. They sent him to get lyrics from Devulapalli Krishna Sastry garu. After a week Devulapalli garu liked his voice and wrote a recommendation letter to K.V.Mahadevan. He finally got a chance to sing a song "oka venuvu vinipinchenu" in the movie "America Ammayi".