G. Ashok is an Indian film director and screenwriter who works predominantly in Telugu cinema. Ashok made his directorial debut Ushodayam (2007) which won him Nandi Award for Best Children's Film Director. He went on to direct films such as Aakasa Ramanna, Pilla Zamindar, Sukumarudu ,Chitrangada, and Bhaagamathie.
He is a classical dancer and good at 13 various Indian classical dances. T Krishna cast him in Repati Pourulu when he was 6 years old. Later, he worked as a child artist in 15 films. He made his debut as a dance assistant in 1997 and worked for over 300 songs as a choreographer and dance assistant. He has worked under dance masters like DKS Babu, Swarnalatha, Lawrence and Raju Sundaram. He worked for films like Master, Annamayya, Pelli, Osey Ramulamma and Jeans. Director Bala was his roommate when he was in Chennai.
In 2010, he directed Aakasa Ramanna, starring Allari Naresh. In 2011, he directed Pilla Zamindar with Nani and Haripriya on the lead. In 2013, he directed Sukumarudu with Aadi and Nisha Agarwal. He is best known for his work on Bhaagamathie (2018) with Anushka Shetty.
|2007||Ushodayam||Yes||Yes||Nandi Award for Best Children's Film Director - won|||
|2020||Durgamati||Yes||Yes||Hindi film, Remake of Bhaagamathie|
- kavirayani, suresh (3 March 2017). "Ashok, a man of many talents". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "G. Ashok Interview with Idlebrain (2013-05-09)". Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Nandi Film Awards G.O and Results 2007".
- Ashok, G. (28 May 2010). "G. Ashok Interview about Aakasa Ramanna". Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Akasha Ramanna to release in March". New Indian Express.
- "Bhaagamathie Telugu collection Day 1: Anushka Shetty's film mints Rs 12 crore worldwide". Indiatoday.