G. E. Richards
|G. E. Richards|
|Commands held||HMS Renard
G. E. Richards, was a commander of the survey ship HMQS Paluma which in the late 19th century surveyed the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia. Richards served aboard the schooner Renard in 1878, and HMQS Paluma in 1887. He was commanding officer of HMS Rambler surveying the Strait of Belle Isle in 1897.
The 1887 voyage named the following places:
- Cid Harbour 1887
- Orpheus Island 1887
- Pioneer Bay
- Acacia Island
- Mausoleum Island
- Combe Island
- Paluma Rock in the Palm Islands
- Atoll Research, retrieved 3 February 2007
- Place names of the Whitsundays, retrieved 3 February 2007
- Friends of Hydrography, retrieved 3 February 2007
- "The Discovery of Australia: Naming Australia's Coastline". Retrieved 7 February 2011.