Ganti Jogi Somayaji
|Ganti Jogi Somayaji|
|Born||7 October 1900
Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam district
|Died||12 January 1987|
|Alma mater||Maharajah's College, Vizianagaram|
|Notable works||Andhra Bhasha Vikasam|
Ganti Jogi Somayaji was born at Anakapalli, Visakhapatnam district in 1900. He was graduated from Maharajah's College, Vizianagaram in 1921. He has completed L.T. and obtained Vidwan degree in Telugu and Sanskrit languages in 1926. He has obtained M. A. in Sanskrit while working in a High School at Adoni. He has joined Pachaiyappa's College as Lecturer of Sanskrit and worked for 3 years. He has joined Andhra University in 1933 as Telugu lecturer and worked there till 1963.
He died on 12 January 1987.
The Ganti Jogi Somayaji memorial lecture was instituted in his memory by Telugu Department of Andhra University. Dr. Ravi Ranga Rao gave the annual lecture on "Conciseness in Poetry" in 2010.
- Basava Charitra (1925)
- Vamsodharakudu (1927)
- Dharma Samrajyamu (1929)
- Ramachandruni Hampi Yatra (1930) : Described the glorious past of Hampi.
- Andhra Bhasha Vikasam (1947) : History of Telugu language.
- Kotta Lantarlu (1948)
- Sri Radhakrishnaprabha (1970) : The divinity in man; a poetical biographical sketch of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan in Sanskrit, published by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- Jogi Somayaji Ganti, Luminaries of 20th Century, part I, Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, pp: 220-21.
- Ganti Jogi Somayaji in Indian Literature, Ed. Dr. Nagendra, Prabhat Prakashan, Delhi, 1988, pp: 92.