||The examples and perspective in this article deal primarily with the English-speaking world and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (July 2011)|
|Born||Ravipalli, Andhra Pradesh|
|Alma mater||Andhra Medical College
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences
|Notable awards||Ugadi Puraskar|
Gulla Surya Prakash M.D., D.M. (Telugu: గుల్ల సూర్యప్రకాశ్) is a distinguished Cardiologist, Andhra Pradesh, India. He is currently the Medical Director of Care Hospital, Secunderabad.and Musheerabad.
He is born in Ravipalli village in a rural lower-middle-class background. This village is in Garugubilli mandal of Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh. After primary education in the native place, due to his hard work got admitted to medical education in Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam and completed the course in 1984. He is a meritorious student and obtained Gold medals during the curriculum. He got very high ranking in all India competitive examination and joined the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He completed M.D. in General Medicine in 1989. Later he joined Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad and completed D.M. in Cardiology.
To his credit he has more than 100 publications in various national and international journals and has attended numerous worldwide conferences and workshops both as a delegate and speaker/moderator since the last 16 years. He is a regular writer in popular print media and educate the publish in various heart diseases.
He conducted regular free medical camps for the people of his village and surrounding villages. He built a bus shelter for the village, and started providing basic amenities to the village school like distribution of fans for the class room and a computer. He instituted two annual cash prizes for the toppers of the School in the board exams thus encouraging education. Religious institutions like temples were also taken care of its basic amenities so that it was a hub for the village people to meet and discuss various events.
He was the recipient of the prestigious Ugadi Puraskar award from the Madras Telugu Academy in the year 1999 for meritorious services in health care and later received Vikasa Ratna Shiromani award in 2004 by the society for friendship and national unity, 'vaidya siromani award' 2006 by megacity navakala vedika and later the 'distinguished service award' in 2007 by the viswamanava samaikyata samsat, Viswamandiram, Guntur. He has received the "Vaidya Ratna" Award from Indian Association of North Texas in 2010.
- Effect of 4% Lidocaine Inhalation in Bronchial Asthma: Gulla Surya Prakash; Surender K. Sharma; J. N. Pande, Journal of Asthma, Vol 27 (2), 1990.
- Cardiac Tumors: Eight-Year Experience. Kadali Venkata Nagaraja Kamalakar, Sadashivan Jaishankar, Tirumalai Nallam Chakravarthi Padmanabhan, Damera Seshagiri Rao, Challa Sundaram, Gulla Surya Prakash, Allam Vasantha Kumar, Pyar Ali Akbar Ali Jiwani, Prabhala Rajagopal, Ayupati Dharma Rakshak. Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, Volume 5 Number 1, 1997.
- Electronic Medical Records Management Systems: An Overview. Edmund Lim Chee Siang, Ramaiah Chennupati K., Gulla Surya Prakash, DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 2009, Volume: 29, Issue: 6.
- ప్రజాశక్తి. "గుండె బాగుండాలంటే...". Retrieved ఏప్రిల్ 22, 1915. Check date values in:
- Prakash GS, Sharma SK, Pande JN. "Effect of 4% lidocaine inhalation in bronchial asthma.". PubMed.
- India Tribune, April 12, 2008
- Andhra Bhoomi, April 11, 2008.
- Saakshi, April 11, 2008. www. saakshi.com
- Manasunna vydhyudu, Eenadu July 7, 2006
- Janmabhumi spurthitone shibaram nirvahinchaa, vaartha, March 26, 2000