G15 (housing associations)
The G15 is an organisation of the largest housing associations in and around Greater London in the United Kingdom, which collectively are responsible for managing in the region of 600,000 homes in London. They state their purpose as "to solve the housing crisis by delivering good quality, affordable homes of all types".
Helen Evans, of Network Homes, is the chair of the organisation with Geeta Nanda OBE, of Metropolitan Thames Valley (MTVH), being vice chair.
|Rank||Name||Date founded||Significant mergers||No. of dwellings||Website|
|1st||Clarion Housing Group||2016||Formed by merger of former G15 members Affinity Sutton and Circle in November 2016||125,000||clarionhg.com|
|2nd||L&Q||1963||Former G15 member East Thames merged into L&Q in December 2016||95,000||lqgroup.org.uk|
|3rd||Metropolitan Thames Valley||1963||Metropolitan Housing Trust merged with Thames Valley Homes||57,000||metropolitan.org.uk|
|4th||Notting Hill Genesis||1963||Former G15 members Genesis and Notting Hill merged in 2018||55,000||nhggroup.org.uk|
|5th||Peabody Trust||1862||Former G15 member Family Mosaic merged into Peabody in July 2017||55,000||peabody.org.uk|
|7th||Optivo||2017||Formed by merger of former G15 member Amicus Horizon with Viridian Housing||44,000||optivo.org.uk|
|9th||Southern Housing Group||1901||Founded as Samuel Lewis Housing Trust; merged with South Wight HA & others||50,000||shgroup.org.uk|
|10th||Catalyst Housing||2002||Formed by the merger of Kensington HT (1926), Ealing Family HA (1963) and Northcote HA||21,000||chg.org.uk|
|12th||One Housing Group||1962||Formed by merger of Community Housing Association (1972) and Toynbee HA (1962)||16,000||onehousing.co.uk|
- "Thinking Big". Inside Housing. 9 August 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "One Housing joins G15". One Housing Group. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Roundup of merger activity". G15. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Peter Apps (30 November 2016). "Clarion Group formed as mega-merger completes". Inside Housing. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Robyn Wilson (7 December 2016). "Housing associations L&Q and East Thames confirm merger". The Architects' Journal. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Tom Knowles (4 July 2017). "Peabody Trust merges with Family Mosaic in £6 billion deal". The Times. Times Newspapers. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Nick Johnstone (22 May 2017). "Amicus Horizon and Viridian merge to form Optivo". Inside Housing. Retrieved 10 April 2018.