G5 Beijing–Kunming Expressway
Beijing–Kunming Expressway is highlighted in red.
G5 north of Guangyuan, Sichuan in 2012
|Length:||2,865 km (1,780 mi)|
|North end:||Beijing (when complete)
Laishui County, Hebei (current)
|South end:||Kunming, Yunnan|
The Beijing–Kunming Expressway (Chinese: 北京－昆明高速公路), commonly referred to as the Jingkun Expressway (Chinese: 京昆高速公路) is an expressway that connects the cities of Beijing, and Kunming, in Yunnan province. When complete, it will be 2,865 km (1,780 mi) in length.
As of 2012[update], many portions of the Beijing–Kunming Expressway are still under construction.
- The entire Beijing portion of the expressway is still under construction.
- In Hebei, only the section from Laishui County to Shijiazhuang is complete.
- In Shanxi and Shaanxi, all sections of the expressway are complete.
- In Sichuan, the expressway is under construction between the Shaanxi border and Guangyuan, as well as Ya'an and Xichang.
- In Yunnan, the section between Wuding County and Kunming is still under construction.