|Founded||1 September 2004|
|Owner||GAC Group (50%)|
Toyota Motor Company (50%)
Number of employees
As of 2009, the company had a 320,001 units-per-year production capacity at a Nansha District production base and had established a target production capacity of 500,000, which by now may have been achieved. Such figures may consider engines and whole vehicles discrete.
The company was founded in 2004, and began production in May 2006 with the Aurion-based Camry model. The company began producing the Yaris in May 2008, the Highlander SUV in May 2009, the Camry Hybrid in April 2010, the E’Z in June 2011 and the Levin in July 2014.
广汽TOYOTA YARiS L 致炫
Guangzhou-Toyota YARiS L
Guangzhou-Toyota Levin Hybrid
|Product type||Automobile marque|
Leahead (Chinese: 领志; pinyin: Lǐngzhì) is an electric car marque owned by GAC Toyota. It was announced in October 2014. A concept of the first production car for the marque, the Leahead i1, was unveiled at the 2015 Shanghai Motor Show and the production-ready version was unveiled at the Guangzhou Auto Show later that year. The i1 is based on the Yaris and has a autonomy range of about 128 kilometres (80 mi). It has a 22 kWh battery and the motor delivers up to 70 kilowatts (95 hp). Leahead is a portmanteau of Leap Ahead.
Guangzhou-Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Momentum: China's automotive components sector emerging from the crisis (PDF). KMPG Huazhen. 2009. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 February 2015.
- "GAC-Toyota rolls off one millionth car in China". China Automotive Review. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Zhang, Wen (18 October 2014). "新品牌领志/雷凌混动 广汽丰田规划曝光!" [New marque, Leahead. GAC Toyota automotive planning revealed!]. auto.sohu.com (in Chinese). Sohu. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Wu, Yutong (20 November 2015). "广州车展：广汽丰田领志i1量产版首亮相" [Guangzhou Auto Show: GAC Toyota's Leahead i1 production version debut]. xcar.com.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Leahead i1 EV". Wattev2buy.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "GAC-Toyota rolls off one millionth car in China". Car News China. 19 October 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- E, Zhichao; Wu, Xiaoqin (5 July 2018). "上半年共召回汽车486万辆 日产、奥迪、福特召回数量较高" [In the first half of the year, a total of 4.86 million vehicles were recalled. Nissan, Audi and Ford recalled a higher number]. auto.people.com.cn (in Chinese). People's Daily - Auto Channel. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Toyota to recall 313,712 cars with faulty airbags". chinadaily.com.cn. China Daily. 5 April 2018. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- GAC Toyota Official website (Chinese only)