GB Innomech Ltd
|Headquarters||Ely, United Kingdom|
Number of employees
GB Innomech (Innomech) is a UK company that designs and develops custom automation systems to help manufacturers reduce their costs, increase throughput and improve product quality.
The company integrates machine vision, robotics and other technologies to address customers manufacturing challenges and works in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices  and environmental product manufacturing, as well as laboratory automation. All automation projects are developed using risk-based analysis  and are usually supplied with documentation packages to enable machine and process validation. The company works to international industry standards, including pharmaceutical, such as U.S. Food and Drug Administration, TickIT, and Good Automated Manufacturing Practice.
In September 2011, Innomech launched RoBox - a flexible automated workcell that uses re-programmable industrial robots to carry out labour-intensive, repetitive or hazardous product assembly or testing tasks. Company announcement
Innomech was founded in 1990  and is based at The Innovation Centre, Witchford in Cambridgeshire. The company helped to design its own buildings for minimal environmental impact with features such as solar water heating, a geothermal heat pump, an on-site biodigester, rainwater harvesting and a building management system for efficient energy usage. The company received three awards for the environmentally friendly design of its building when it opened in 2004.
- 2014 Developed automated system to assemble fuel cell stacks for AFC Energy  Company announcement.
- 2015 Automated materials cutting and lens polishing equipment for Rayner  Company announcement.
- Wilson, D., "A sensitive point" . The Engineer, 15 November 2010. page 33. Also The Engineer. Checked 5 April 2011.
- "Innomech helps to develop powder dispensing systems" . Business Weekly, 27 May 2010. page 14. Also Business Weekly. Checked 5 April 2011.
- Woods, P., "The benefits of risk-based analyses during system validation" . Pharmaceutical Technology Europe, September 2009. pages 54-58.
- "Innomech celebrates 21st anniversary and looks to the future" Business Weekly, 1 February 2011. page 31. Also Business Weekly. Checked 5 April 2011.
- "Business Commitment to the Environment (BCE) - Environmental Leadership Awards" BCE Factsheet, page 14
- The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: Winners List, page 8. . Checked 6 April 2011.
- GB Innomech celebrates Queen's Award for Enterprise MachineBuilding.net. Checked 6 April 2011.
- Ellie Zolfagharifard "Stacking up: making hydrogen fuel-cell manufacturing viable” The Engineer website Checked 11 Mar 2015.
- Jason Ford “GB Innomech to design and develop automated manufacturing equipment for Rayner” MWP Advanced Manufacturing website Checked 12 Mar 2015.