GCDS is an Italian streetwear fashion line.
GCDS was founded in 2015 by brothers Giuliano and Giordano Calza in Milan, Italy. The name is an acronym for the phrase “God Can not Destroy Streetwear”. The first pieces of clothing developed by the line were sweatshirts with the GCDS logo on the front. There were only 100 sweatshirts made in the first attempt. At the time the shirts were made in China, however the line is now made entirely in Italy. Initially the company only sold its products online, before being picked up by retail locations.
Giuliano Calza is the label’s creative director, and Giordano Calza is the label’s chief executive officer. In 2016 GCDS opened its first flagship store in Piazza Gae Aulenti. In 2017 sales for the company reached €5 million, growing to €10 million in 2018, and in 2018 its clothing was available in about 350 retail locations.
Soon after founding, the company expanded its clothing items to include t-shirts, jackets, raincoats, and other garments. It now creates a Spring/Summer line, Men’s wear line, Fall/Winter line, its "Skater or die" collection, and some limited edition collaborations, such as its “Made in LA” line. They also create accessories and in 2018 they released their first children’s wear collection GCDS Mini. GCDS exhibits its new seasons at Milan Fashion Week, and has shown at the New York Fashion Week as well. The 2019 Spring/Summer collection was inspired by a science fiction motif, specifically the 1980s and 1990s, in addition to cartoons and manga. As a part of the runway show, some models walking the catwalk were fitted with a third prosthetic breast.
- Nuzzi, Di Valentina (9 April 2018). "In viaggio con GCDS --> I 5 indirizzi del cuore di Giuliano Calza di GCDS da segnare in agenda". ELLE.
- "Un'intervista esclusiva a Giuliano Calza di GCDS". Vogue Italia.
- Nast, Condé. "The Street Style Star-Approved Brand That Won't Break the Bank". Allure.
- "Giuliano Calzais One of the 500 People Shaping the Global Fashion Industry in 2018". The Business of Fashion.
- "Three Breasts Are Better Than Two, Apparently". 10 daily. 25 September 2018.
- "GCDS - Spring Summer 2018 - Men Fashion Shows - Vogue.it". www.vogue.it.
- Ruggeri, Di Angelo (4 May 2018). "Giuliano Calza: «Ecco perché tutti amano lo streetwear»". Esquire.
- Carrera, Martino; Carrera, Martino (14 June 2018). "GCDS Introduces Children's Wear". Women's Wear Daily.
- Baty, Emma (24 September 2018). "So Um, Models with Three Breasts Just Walked the Runway at Milan Fashion Week". Cosmopolitan.
- Lanigan, Roisin; Napoli, SAGG (12 November 2018). "giuliano calza unveils gcds beauty, its new and colorful project". Vice.