|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Geo Television Network|
Geo TV logo.
|Owned by||Independent Media Corporation|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
Har pal Haseen Hai, Har Pal GEO
|AsiaSat3S (Asia)||4180 Vtp 14V|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel 14|
|Nayatel HD box (Pakistan)||116|
|OSN (Middle East)||Channel 44|
|Sky (UK, Ireland)||Channel 815|
|Aora TV (Indonesia)||Channel 832|
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 340|
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 871|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 858|
|E vision (UAE)||Channel 65|
|World On Demand (Japan)||Channel 166|
|PTCL Smart (Pakistan)||Channel 19|
|Freebox TV (France)||Channel 601|
|Neufbox TV (France)||Channel 631|
Geo TV (trademarked GEO TV) or Geo Television is a Pakistani television channel established in May 2002 and owned by Independent Media Corporation. The channel began test transmission on 14 August 2002, with regular transmission beginning 1 October 2002. Geo is an Urdu word meaning live on.
Geo Television Network
Geo Television Network began with Geo TV and has since launched several other Pakistan-based channels, including:
- GEO News - an Urdu news channel.
- GEO Tez - Pakistan 1st headlines news channel.
- GEO Super - a 24-hour sports channel devoted mainly to cricket, with a secondary focus on boxing, football, tennis and field hockey.
- GEO Kahani Urdu Entertainment Channel.
In addition, until 2008, the network also operated an English language station called GEO English.
Geo Dost (meaning Geo Friends) is a Geo TV portal that offers ordinary citizens the chance to report the news, whether it be funny or serious.
Geo Network has released several movies under the Geo Films banner, including:
|Khuda Kay Liye||2008|
|Abhi Tau Main Jawan Hun||2013|
|Dil Mera Dharkan Teri||2013|
|Shootout at Wadala||2013|
|Shuddh Desi Romance||2013|
Geo TV's broadcast facilities are based at Dubai Media City in the United Arab Emirates. Its uplink teleport station is Samacom, the uplink provider in the UAE. Geo TV is currently being aired on Asiasat 3s.
- A documentary by Geo covering water scarcity in the Indus river delta won "The Special Prize of H.S.H. Prince Rainier III" at the Monte Carlo TV Festival.
- Geo was awarded a special award in 2005 at the Nouticaslo TV festival.
- On April 20, 2004 at the National Association of Broadcasters Convention in Las Vegas, Mir Ibrahim Rahman, chief executive of Geo TV, received an International Broadcast Excellence Award for the impact the channel has had on Pakistan.
Masala Lifestyle Awards
On 16 Feb 2003, Geo TV's website was hacked by 'Z Hacking Crew' (ZHC), a hacktivist group that has defaced large scale Indian websites in the past. ZHC protested against a lack of coverage of the week long curfew imposed by Indian authorities in Kashmir and what they saw as India-oriented programming.