|Private limited company|
|Industry||Consulting, business services, software|
|Founder||Subhash Makhija, Roopa Gandhi, Jagadish Turimella, Neha Shah|
|Headquarters||Clark, New Jersey, United States|
|Products||SMART by GEP Source-to-Pay Procurement Software www|
|Services||Procurement consulting, supply chain consulting, procurement outsourcing, supply chain outsourcing|
GEP is a privately held multinational company that provides strategy (consulting services), software, and managed services (outsourcing) to enterprise procurement and supply chain management teams at Global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies worldwide. The company is headquartered in Clark, New Jersey, USA.
GEP was established in 1999 by Subhash Makhija, Neha Shah, Roopa Gandhi and Jagadish Turimella to provide sourcing and procurement consulting services to enterprises in North America and Europe. The company initially focused on providing procurement consulting services and also developed a number of procurement tools for eRFX, auction management and supplier management to support its clients, offered through the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
Since then, GEP has added procurement outsourcing, supply chain consulting and outsourcing to its solutions portfolio.
GEP has 14 offices and operations centers in major regional market centers across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
Services and products
Strategy (Consulting services)
GEP’s procurement consulting services include procurement transformation, opportunity assessment, strategic sourcing, low-cost country sourcing, M&A services, zero-based budgeting, among others. The company’s supply chain consulting services include supply chain strategy, supply chain diagnostics and design, capacity planning, risk management, network optimization and inventory optimization.
Managed services (Outsourcing)
GEP’s procurement outsourcing services comprise spend analysis, category management, supply market intelligence, transactions management, tail-spend management, procurement support services and end-to-end procurement outsourcing. Supply chain outsourcing services include inventory management, logistics management, planning & forecasting and supply chain data management.
SMART by GEP is a unified source-to-pay platform developed by GEP on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, delivered through the “Platform as a Service” (PaaS) model. The product is designed for touch and mobile technologies. SMART by GEP’s core functionality includes spend analysis, sourcing, contract management, supplier management and procure-to-pay.
In 2012, GEP acquired Enporion, a supply chain management company based in Tampa, Florida. Enporion provided strategic sourcing and e-procurement applications, and served customers in the electric and gas utilities, manufacturing and distribution industries.
In 2016, GEP announced a strategic partnership with Global Risk Management Solutions (GRMS) to incorporate supplier risk profiling to the SMART by GEP procurement software platform.
Awards and recognition
GEP named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites
GEP wins Best Procure-to-Pay Technology Solutions Provider award at Procurement Leaders Awards
SMART by GEP ranked Leader in IDC Marketscape for Supplier Relationship Management Applications 
SMART by GEP ranked Leader in IDC Marketscape for SaaS and Cloud-Enabled and Procurement Applications 
GEP named to the IAOP Global Outsourcing 100
SMART by GEP ranked a Leader in The Forrester WaveTM: eProcurement Report
SMART by GEP named Customer and Value Leader in Spend Matters SolutionMapTM
GEP named to the Winner's Circle in HfS Blueprint Report on Procurement as a Service
SMART by GEP ranked Top Performer in PayStream's Procure-to-Pay Navigator Report
Leader in Kennedy Consulting /ALM Research Vanguard for Supply Chain Risk Management Consulting
Leader in Kennedy Consulting /ALM Research Vanguard for Sourcing & Procurement Consulting
Leader and Star Performer on Everest Group’s PEAK MatrixTM of Procurement Outsourcing Service Providers
Top Supplier at the EPIC Procurement Excellence Awards 2015
SMART by GEP ranked among the top 10 spend management software by Business-Software.com
Ranked among the top four procurement outsourcing providers in Latin America by Everest Group
“Most Admired Vendor for BPO Sector” at the BPO Excellence Awards
GEP ranked as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites.
Placed in the Winner’s Circle in the HfS Procurement Outsourcing Services Blueprint Report
Named a Star Performer and Procurement Outsourcing Leader in Everest Group’s PEAK (Performance, Experience, Ability, Knowledge) Matrix report
“BPO Organisation of the Year” at BPO Excellence Awards, 2012
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "SMART by GEP".
- "Company Overview". http://investing.businessweek.com. Bloomberg Businessweek. External link in
- Bartolini, Andrew. "GEP: Differentiating Itself with a Broad (& Strong) Portfolio". cporising.com. CPO Rising.
- "Spend Matters Almanac". spendmatters.com. Spend Matters.
- "NLPA Vendor Review". purchasing-certification.com. Next Level Purchasing.
- Avery, Susan. "SMART by GEP: For Procurement Pros on the Go". mypurchasingcenter.com. My Purchasing Center.
- Bartolini, Andrew. "GEP Gets SMART with Its Solution Suite". cporising.com. CPO Rising.
- "GEP Acquires Florida-based Supply Chain Management Company". Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine.
- "Enporion Company Profile". Hoovers.
- "GEP And Global Risk Management Solutions Partner To Enhance Risk Management Capabilities Of Industry's Leading Source-To-Pay Procurement Software Platform, SMART By GEP". PR Newswire.
- "GEP Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites". PR Newswire.
- "World Procurement Awards 2018".
- "IDC Says GEP Is Leader In Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Software". Business Insider.
- "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Procurement Applications 2018 Vendor Assessment". PR Newswire.
- "The 2017 Global Outsourcing 100". iaop.org. IAOP.
- "GEP Ranked Leader In Forrester Research's Latest eProcurement (P2P) Software Report". PR Newswire.
- "GEP's Cloud-Native, Source-To-Pay Procurement Software, SMART By GEP®, Achieves Top Honors On eProcurement (P2P) SolutionMap™ From Spend Matters". PR Newswire.
- "GEP Honored As Industry-Leading Provider Of Integrated Procurement Solutions In New HfS Research Report". PR Newswire.
- "SMART By GEP Achieves Maximum Scores For Key Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Functionalities In New PayStream Navigator Report". PR Newswire.
- "GEP Earns Leadership Honors In Supply Chain Consulting, Winning A Top Spot In Prestigious ALM Vanguard Report On Supply Chain Risk Management Consulting". PR Newswire.
- "GEP Achieves Top Ranking as Global Consulting Firm, Selected by Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory / ALM Intelligence for Vanguard Honors in Procurement Consulting". PR Newswire.
- "GEP Named A Leader And Star Performer On Everest Group's PEAK Matrix™ Of Procurement Outsourcing Service Providers For Fourth Straight Year". PR Newswire.
- "Top 10 Spend Management Software". Business-Software.com.
- "Spend Matters Almanac". Spend Matters.
- "Top 50 Providers to Know". Spend Matters.
- "Growth of BPO in Latin America across F&A, HR, and Procurement". Everest Group.
- "Award Winners". Asia Outsourcing Congress.
- "Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites". Gartner.
- "Procurement Outsourcing Blueprint, 2013". HfS Research.
- "Procurement Outsourcing PEAK Matrix" (PDF). Everest Group.
- "BPO Excellence Awards, 2012".