GFMS (formally Gold Fields Mineral Services) are research and consultancy company for the precious metal markets. Since 2011 they have been part of Thomson Reuters. As well as other commodities, they research gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and copper trading.
The consultancy’s core publication is the annual Gold Survey, which began in 1967. Consolidated Gold Fields, a mining conglomerate that was later taken over by Hanson plc in 1989, originally launched the Gold Survey. After the take over, a company was formed the same year to continue the survey.
Between 1998 and 2003, the company was known as Gold Fields Mineral Services Limited. In 1998, members of the research team completed a management buy out of GFMS from GFSA, and the consultancy gained full independence. In 2002, GFMS became an associate member of the London Bullion Market Association.
GFMS analysts present at conferences and seminars on precious metals and commodities. They provide information to the news media.
Their reports include:
- GFMS Gold Mine Economics
- GFMS Copper Mine Economics
- GFMS Société Générale Global Hedge Book Analysis
- GFMS Société Générale Central Bank Reports
- GFMS Gold Survey (annual)
- World Silver Survey (annual)
- Platinum & Palladium Survey (annual)
- Gold and silver supply/demand benchmark
- GFMS Surveys and Forecasts, and the Mine Economics database (provided via the Thomson Reuters Eikon platform)
- "Company History". GFMS. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2012.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)