|Founded||24 September 1928|
Number of locations
|200+ offices in 14 countries (2016)|
|Products||Engineering, Management, Design, Environmental Science, Architecture|
|Revenue||AUD1.7 billion (2017) |
Number of employees
|Approx. 9000 (2017) |
GHD Pty Ltd (formerly known as Gutteridge Haskins & Davey) is a multinational technical professional services firm providing engineering, architecture, environmental and construction consulting and management services.
GHD employs more than 9000 people—engineers, architects, planners, scientists, project managers and economists— operating in over 200 offices across five continents serving clients in water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation markets. GHD has successfully delivered projects in over 135 countries.
GHD was founded as a private practice in Melbourne in 1928 by Alan Gordon Gutteridge who operated as a consulting engineer with focuses on water and sewerage. The partnership of Gerald Haskins and Geoffrey Innes Davey joined with Gutteridge's practice in 1939, establishing the formal partnership of Gutteridge Haskins & Davey.
Since 2005, GHD has completed a series of strategic mergers and acquisitions in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, China, Chile and Malaysia.
- Energy & Resources
- Property & Buildings
- Architecture and Buildings
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Innovation in Infrastructure
- Mining and Metals
- Risk Management
- Urban Development
Significant projects and achievements
Some significant projects undertaken by the company in the past decade[when?] include the design of the Sydney Opera House facade, land-use and infrastructure master plans of the Palm Islands in Dubai, and event overlays for the Sydney and Beijing Summer Olympics.
GHD was involved in several water infrastructure projects in the USA, including desalination projects for the City of Carlsbad, Camp Pendleton, City of Huntington Beach and South Orange Country in the USA. The company also worked on the Brisbane and Christchurch rebuilding efforts, Manila Sewerage implementation, Codelco Colon Processing Plant in Chile and the Oakura Sewerage scheme in New Zealand.
In the energy and resources sector, GHD worked on the Hawsons Magnetite Iron Ore Mine in Australia, QCLNG Export Pipeline in Australia and the Taysan Copper Mine in the Philippines.
In Environment, GHD was engaged on the HydroAysen Transmission System in Chile, Minimbah Bank Third Track Biodiversity project in Australia and the Townsville Marine Precinct also in Australia.
Property and Buildings projects included the Al Walkra Hospital in Qatar, the Kerikeri Police Station in New Zealand and Richlands Rail Station in Australia.
In transportation, GHD worked on the Ahuri to Napier Transportation Link in New Zealand, the San Antonio Port Expansion in Chile and South Road Superway in South Australia.
Mergers and acquisitions
- Winzler & Kelly
- Commonwealth Engineering & Technology, Inc (CET)
- Rosewater Engineering
- Stearns & Wheler
- Arizona Engineering Company
- CSA Engineering
- Protection Engineering Group (PEG)
- Mississauga and Kitchener
- Carlton Engineering Inc.
- CollinsonDutton Ltd (CDL)
- GHA Livigunn Ltd
- China Water International Engineering Consulting Company (CWIEC)
- Rankine & Hill
- MGF Consultants
- Meyrick & Associates
- Hassall and Associates
- Cameron Chisholm & Nicol (NSW)
- Johnson Design Services
- SMG Consultants
- Leddy Sergiacomi & Associates
- PCT Engineers
- LongMac Associates
- Egis Consulting Australia (formerly CMPS&F)
- R.L. Newman
- Lindgquist & Johnson
- Graham & Tasker
- Martin & Co.
- Taywood Engineering
- Hill Michael
- Qest Consulting
- Hassell & Associates
- Water Sciences Group
- ProMet Engineers
- VR Space
- Promina, Chile
- Creative Spaces
- Manukau Consultants
- City Design
- RJ Hall
- Civil Design Services
- MME, Middle East
- Arneil, Stan (1988). A firm foundation : the story of Gutteridge, Haskins & Davey, consulting engineers, 1928-1988. Sydney: Gutteridge, Haskins & Davey. ISBN 0-7316-2096-8.
- GHD 2016 Annual Review (PDF). p. 2. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Davey, Geoffrey Innes (1906 - 1975) Biographical Entry - Australian Dictionary of Biography Online". Adb.online.anu.edu.au. Retrieved 10 August 2010.
- "GHD and Conestoga-Rovers & Associates Announce Merger Agreement". GHD. Archived from the original on 13 May 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "GHD to take over architectural firm Woodhead". Financial Review. 2014-03-26. Retrieved 2017-02-24.