Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Hyderabad Campus
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Strive, Serve, Thrive|
|Director||N Siva Prasad|
|Affiliations||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management|
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Hyderabad Campus (GITAM Hyderabad Campus) is an institute of higher education located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It is one of 3 campuses of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management. The campus admitted its first batch of students in 2009.
- 1 Workshop
- 2 University status
- 3 Academics
- 4 Admission procedure
- 5 Faculty
- 6 Library
- 7 Student life
- 8 College festivals
- 9 Pramana
- 10 References
- 11 External links
The on-campus workshop houses the laboratories, which comply with UGC guidelines:
- Physical Laboratory
- Chemical Laboratory
- Networks Workshop
- Stores/Student needs
- Mechanical Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Power electronics laboratory
- AEC laboratory
- EDC laboratory
- Concrete technology laboratory
- Computer sciences laboratory
The Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, on the recommendations of the Joint Committee of UGC-AICTE-DEC has accorded recognition to GITAM University for offering distance learning programmes from academic year 2009–10 vide letter F.No. DEC/Recog/2009/dt. 09-09-2009. The university offers 13 programmes through the distance mode.
The university offers courses in the fields of engineering and business at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- GITAM School of Technology
- Hyderabad Business School
- School of Science
- GITAM School of Pharmacy
- GITAM School of Architecture
Four-year undergraduate courses
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech. Pharmacy
Six-year integrated dual degree courses
- B.Tech + M.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech + M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Two-year postgraduate courses
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
Admissions into the university are based on the all India level online entrance test GAT (GITAM Admissions Test) conducted in May.
PhD, to start their career in the university. The faculty has industrial, research and teaching experience at national and international levels. Senior industry executives visit the campus to deliver guest lectures.
The library (or Knowledge Resource Centre) has a collection of books, periodicals and monographs in the fields of engineering, technology, science and management. The library is divided into two wings, one for management studies and other for engineering studies.
The campus contains a digital library with around 20+ computers.
The campus has four hostels, two each for boys(A-Block, B-Block) and girls(A-Block, B-Block). These can accommodate 1600 students. An open gate system is maintained in hostels (only for boys).
The university doesn't have own transportation, they are currently taking help of TSRTC to provide transport facility for Day-Scholars. 15 buses for the first year students and 40 for the rest of the students. Also, the university provides transport for the faculty members.
- Society Of Automotive Engineers GITAM HYD chapter 
- Electronics Students Technical Association (ECTA)
- Association of Institution of Engineers
- Thrushna(Electrical department organisation)
- ENGINEERS WITHOUT BORDERS- INDIA
- Automophiles (SAE and Automobile Enthusiasts club)
- IEEE University branch.
- GITAM Aero Club
- KNOW Newsletter(college Magazine)
- Literary club, organizes skits, dramas, and role plays.
- Innovation Center
GITAM Institute of Management located at Rudraram in Medak district, organized Kibbutz 2010, a techno-management fest, in March 2010.
Kibbutz (ki-boots), a word of Hebrew origin, denotes ‘a community settlement organized under collectivist principles' and connotes the spirit of working together as a team.
The competitive events of the fest included Blueprint Blues (business plan presentation), In ‘Quiz' itive (quiz), Entre-prerana (entrepreneurship), Ad-X-press (advertisement designing), Tit 4 Tat (debating), Sea Program (programming and de-bugging), Chakra View (treasure hunt), Splurge (face painting), Dance-pe-Chance (dance), Dyno-Mike (singing), and Ishtyle-O-Meter (fashion show).
About 450 students from 75 colleges across the twin cities took part in the events.
The annual techno-cultural-management fest of GITAM Hyderabad which is held in the first week of Feb every year. Pramana attracts 7000+ students from all across the country and is the largest fest in GITAM. It has witnessed some international stars like DJ Mariana Bo (Top 68 DJ in the World), Shaan, Zeaden, Sunburn Campus, VH1 Supersonic, The Lost Triplets, and some singers like LV Revanth, Yazin Nizar, Saketh Komanduri, Sony Komanduri and many more. The fest also has many events like Battle of Bands that featured the Threory Band.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 February 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Courses offered". Archived from the original on 12 March 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 August 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Cite error: The named reference
SAEwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)