GKB Opticals, is a large Indian retailer of optical products (sunglasses, eyeglasses, contact lenses & accessories), and operates multiple retail stores in India. Headquartered in Kolkata, the company has over 60 stores across India and employs over 600 people. Started in 1959, the company set up its first retail outlet in Gariahat - Kolkata, which is one of the flagship stores of the company. GKB Opticals has grown to a large retail chain of outlets, with lifestyle optical products.
The company retails a large number of high quality optical products
- Sunglasses & Frames - Ray Ban, Oakley, Maui Jim, Prada, Cartier, and many more
- Prescription Lenses - Essilor Crizal, Seiko, Rodenstock
- Contact Lenses - Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, and others
- "GKB Rx Lens Pvt. Ltd.". Economic Times. 17 December 2002.
- "VIEW OTHER COMPANY BRIEFS Style hits Mumbai with GKB's trendy eyewear". Agency FAQs.
- "GKB mulls IPO". Financial Express.
- "GKB Opticals to expand retail business". Business Standard.
- "GKB Opticals plans to expand retail outlets". The Hindu Business Line.
- "Rodenstock in pact with GKB to make lens". Business Line, The Hindu.
- "GKB to distribute Rodenstock optical lens". The Telegraph (India).
- http://www.gkboptical.com - Buy Sunglasses, Eyeglasses, Contact Lenses online in India